need photo of direct shot open mouth

lele

Avid Member
does anyone have a good (or direct me to online) shot directly (straight on) into a cham's wide open mouth? I would like to see just what is normal beyond the tongue.

thanks,
lele

Have you search the photo section for Cham's hissing and gaping?

I have seen a few on this forum :D

rmichaelk posted this picture in this forum:
DSC_0004.jpg

is this normal

What I am looking for is to see if this is normal. I was able to get some pics of Cyrus, not too clear, but will have to do. A quick history for those who don't know. Cy has a neurological disorder which makes him a bit quirky. He often sleeps upside down, used sleep on his side in his potted plant, now he just sleeps in my sock drawer when he has trouble settling down (or up!). He also has this odd habit of lodging himself upside down in his branches after he eats sometimes as if it aids in digestion. he has been doing it a LOT more frequently and the other day he spit out an undigested mealworm and half a super. before anyone gives me the "too much chitin" talk he usually gets softer bodied silkies and hornworms and this has happened with them as well in the past. After this latest incident I looked in his mouth to make sure nothing else was stuck and saw this. I know it is hard to see. When you open your chams mouth wide and look in beyond the tongue, is there a smooth fleshy, ridged piece that is vertical? See if you can tell from these pics what I am talking about...

4406082693_39ac64c7b1_b.jpg

4406082801_986022e3b9_b.jpg

huh...hopefully someone will be able to help. I did find this picture.

3567178006_5da98a167d.jpg

It's kind of hard to see but it sort of looks like there might be a similar thing happening back there.

I actually tried that...if I've successfully attached the file, you can see what you think. You can just right click on the image to get the original url.

Attachments

• throat.jpg
    throat.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 104
thanks, yeah it does look similar. When you look at it does it have those horizontal segments? At first I thought it was a stuck superworm! :eek: He is having a difficult time swallowing his water (this has been an issue sometimes but not to this degree) so have decided to bring him to the vet as I am afraid he will become dehydrated.

thanks so much for all your efforts! Will let you know how we make out

You're welcome. That's what I thought (about looking similar). It sounds like the vet is the best plan. Do post what you learn.

Back
Top Bottom