Need opinions in enclosure good or bad

ShaneBennett196

I'm getting a veiled on Tuesday so I wanted opinions on my enclosure it's not completely done yet. I will be adding vines around the branches and a pothos plant.

Try loading a smaller size of the pix, using an image resizer. new software, i am told is on the way. some people will post their pix on another site and use a hyperlink.

You can upload them to a picture hosting site and use the IMG code to put it on here. Otherwise, the little paperclip button should let you upload pictures onto the thread from your computer.

Try loading a smaller size of the pix, using an image resizer. new software, i am told is on the way. some people will post their pix on another site and use a hyperlink.
To go off of that, many people upload to Photobucket.com first, and then we copy the IMG and then just paste it to here, works very well.

Good horizontal pathways. Like Pssh said, will be much better with the pothos and additional vines.
Also I noticed the waterfall in the back left corner. It is a very controversial item when it comes to chameleon owners. It can generate a lot of bacteria (chameleons often poop in water-wells). So it might just be wise to use it as purely decorative (unplug it and leave out the water). But I'm sure others will chime in about it.

Large Plants

The cage is looking good so far. I was wondering the size of it. It looks like the 24 x 24 x 48 Inch cage by ReptiBreeze. If you add a large ficus tree, how will you get it in and out (for cleaning)? I keep thinking the horizontals will get in the way. I too would stay away from a waterfall because of bacteria problems. I am looking forward to some final pictures.

Terry

You're off to a good start, I like the horizontal branches and you'll really be pulling everything together with the additional plans I am reading.

It does look like you are using some sort of coconut fiber as your substrate. I would remove it as it is in the chameleon's best interest - wouldn't want them to accidentally ingest some while hunting.

For my substrate I'm using eco earth and yea it is a 24x24x48 cage. Would I be able to just clean the waterfall every day it would make me upset to see 35$ go to waste

For my substrate I'm using eco earth and yea it is a 24x24x48 cage. Would I be able to just clean the waterfall every day it would make me upset to see 35$ go to waste

Clean it everyday if you can, and get a bottle of Exo-Terra's Biotize to keep the water cleaner loner.

Back
Top Bottom