Need New Feeders

serenaj25

Avid Member
hey guys I typically feed my chams crickets, roaches, hornworms or super worms. I need ideas for new feeders to give them some variety. What would you suggest and where can I get some ?

Butterworms-elliots
Silkworms- coastal silkworms
Black soldier fly larvae- joshs frogs
Blue bottle fly larvae-joshs frogs

Those are some solid regulars i feed and where i get them, there are other places though. Those have been my favorite so far.

hey guys I typically feed my chams crickets, roaches, hornworms or super worms. I need ideas for new feeders to give them some variety. What would you suggest and where can I get some ?
Have you tried Green Banana Roaches (Panchlora nivea)? They are roaches, but they are excellent as a feeder to keep a cham entertained. They're a bit more expensive than dubia at the start, but the breed extremely fast, and don't really eat much.

@etclement have you bred them? I've read they take a long time to breed and the adults die off fast? They are a nice variety, but they are quick and fly. Are very small and make a pain to deal with in most cases.

@etclement have you bred them? I've read they take a long time to breed and the adults die off fast? They are a nice variety, but they are quick and fly. Are very small and make a pain to deal with in most cases.
There are two types. The giant sp is very good. If it kept on the right conditions, they breed quite a lot, but I find them slow growers.

Ook that's what it was about them. I've fed them off, but haven't bred them so wasn't sure. They ended up hiding in the cage and dying most of the time for me, but my cham loved them.

Make sure you let all your green banana roach colonies establish really well before feeding off any adults. Adults only have like a 3 month life span but they breed a lot during that time. It just takes time.

Back
Top Bottom