Need lighting help asap!

gracie88

Hey guys! Like I mentioned in my last post I am new to this forum and chameleon owning in general, so I would love some feedback. Yesterday I bought these lights from my local reptile but after looking farther into it, I have seen both good and bad reviews and I am really confused. I attached photos of the lights and the box so if anyone knows if these are good or if there are better alternatives I would love to know! Thanks so much!

Here are the photos

Attachments

• 732FDF4F-807A-407F-9FE1-899C57F927CA.jpeg
    732FDF4F-807A-407F-9FE1-899C57F927CA.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 0D1C2C8B-B8DD-40DE-A0BA-398175906E42.jpeg
    0D1C2C8B-B8DD-40DE-A0BA-398175906E42.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 100
  • 8DE6F723-5C38-4E38-A09C-9765DF73E6CA.jpeg
    8DE6F723-5C38-4E38-A09C-9765DF73E6CA.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 5CBAAE6B-C2A5-42B9-AEB6-BE4A5F9D245D.jpeg
    5CBAAE6B-C2A5-42B9-AEB6-BE4A5F9D245D.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 80
Here are the photos

They are not right for chameleons. Any thing can be done, that is why mixed reviews.

Think of it like this. Do you want to go down the river in a shaky canoe or a big stable raft?

You have a canoe, a raft would be T5HO.

And while you are at it get the deluxe.

Ok normal terms.
T5HO is your best bet . Your plants ( he will need these) also need light. So if you can get a duel or even a quad fixture.

SunBlaster seems to have good prices and quality.

They are not right for chameleons. Any thing can be done, that is why mixed reviews.

Think of it like this. Do you want to go down the river in a shaky canoe or a big stable raft?

You have a canoe, a raft would be T5HO.

And while you are at it get the deluxe.

Ok normal terms.
T5HO is your best bet . Your plants ( he will need these) also need light. So if you can get a duel or even a quad fixture.

SunBlaster seems to have good prices and quality.

Thank you so much! I am going to pick up his lights tomorrow so I can be prepared for his arrival on Friday. Also, do you know if I get a T5HO if it will cover both heat and UVB light, or just UVB? Thanks again for your help!

You are very welcome! Let me know if you have any questions after watching. I have tons of other chameleon videos on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon?sub_confirmation=1

I will make sure to subscribe! Those videos were so extremely helpful I can't thank you enough, I will make sure to go to my local reptile store tomorrow to have everything prepared for my new baby veiled chameleon. So excited, thanks again!

I will make sure to subscribe! Those videos were so extremely helpful I can't thank you enough, I will make sure to go to my local reptile store tomorrow to have everything prepared for my new baby veiled chameleon. So excited, thanks again!
You are very welcome! Do you have the enclosure or chameleon yet? It would be easier to give you advice if you post pics so we can see how far along you are :)

You are very welcome! Do you have the enclosure or chameleon yet? It would be easier to give you advice if you post pics so we can see how far along you are :)

So far, I only have the actual enclosure (2'x2'x4') fully set up because I have to pick up some wire from the store today so I can attach my plants (considering my enclosure is screened) I am also getting lighting today. (I will attach photos of everything here) My local reptile store is getting shipments so if everything goes well with that I will have my new baby veiled chameleon by tomorrow. Once again, thank you so so much for the help!
P.S. don't mind the extra supplies at the bottom of my enclosure haha!

Attachments

• 0B7C9472-0EF6-4DBD-A1D1-3C5A91D0965A.jpeg
    0B7C9472-0EF6-4DBD-A1D1-3C5A91D0965A.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 90
Hey guys! Like I mentioned in my last post I am new to this forum and chameleon owning in general, so I would love some feedback. Yesterday I bought these lights from my local reptile but after looking farther into it, I have seen both good and bad reviews and I am really confused. I attached photos of the lights and the box so if anyone knows if these are good or if there are better alternatives I would love to know! Thanks so much!
I agree with casque th50 is crucial for chams same with heat I would try using a household heat bulb those daytime ones are known to dim fast

Also I bet your chams a cutie

Back
Top Bottom