NEED INFO about a Laying Bin for Eggs

LaurenWads30

Hey guys! My chameleon is almost or is around the age of laying eggs. I just set up her a new cage which is 4 feet tall by 2 feet by 2 feet. I am going to put a laying bin at the bottom however I don’t know what to use! Some people say sand (which I don’t know if there is a special sand) or soil that is a little wet for her to dig a tunnel.
1) how deep does the bin have to be? 4 inches? 6 inches?
2) how long does it take for them to lay eggs? Hours? Days?
3) how to know when she is about to lay eggs? Will she stop eating?

Also, anothther question.my chameleon has been suffering a burn on her back. I have been putting a silvadene cream on it from my local Walgreens and it looks like it isn’t getting any better.
1) is it infected?
2) does it look like it is in the healing process?
3) should I take her to the vet?
4) HOW LONG DO BURNS TAKE TO HEAL? I’ve asked this question to many times but no one has answered me and that is one of my biggest questions. Does it take weeks? A month? Months?
5) when do I know or how do I know it is healed up? Will her skin ever look the same?

Attachments

• F415E3DF-9046-400C-9A71-E791D54D9D69.jpeg
    F415E3DF-9046-400C-9A71-E791D54D9D69.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 68
Read the veiled care sheet and go to the vet. The care sheet here has all the info on lay bins, and receptive and gravid females.

The One trait all successful Cham keepers have is the ability to do their own research and apply what they learned. We are always here for you if you get stuck but ideally you should be doing your own research and attempt to solve any issues you have before you post a new thread.

Once you have done your research and think you have the answer then, yes, by all means ask the forum your question to confirm that you came to the correct conclusion. That is our mission here, to distribute the knowledge and experiences we have had individually to make the Cham keeping community as a whole more effective.

I’m defanitly not trying to discourage you from asking any question you may have, only encouraging you to walk on your own two feet. I think this is a good example of that old saying that we’ve all heard:

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime...

Back
Top Bottom