need help....

My chameleon died a few hours ago :( had him for 8 months too. anyways, im about to buy a new one tomorrow and i just need to know what size of the crickets i buy a for a 3-4 inch chameleon?

I am very sorry to hear about your chameleon. What happen to your chameleon to cause it to die? Before you get a new one be sure that you are spot on with chameleon care. I would also highly recommend that you do a very through cleaning of everything (cage, vines, branches, trees and plants) that you old chameleon touched BEFORE you put a new cham anywhere near. The only thing that will kill everything (even coccidia) is 40 volume peroxide. It can be purchased at a hair supply store such as Sally's. Get the liquid not the cream or gel.

I also just noticed in your last thread before this one that you didn't have the money to buy crickets. https://www.chameleonforums.com/help-something-wrong-my-chameleon-72695/
PLEASE BEFORE you get another chameleon be sure to have a nice little cham saving account for all supplies and feeders that chameleons need along with money for the vets when he gets sick.

if you cant afford the crix how can you afford the cham? if i was you i really would clean the enclosure really well look at your temps and supplaments and everything make sure he didnt die from your error, dont wanna bring a new one home and do the same thing or infect a new one with the old ones parasites. having said that im very sorry for your loss and i hope not to be sitting in your shoes one day. i dont blame you for wanting a new one but whats the rush take your time make sure your cash is right make sure your conditions are right, then find your right cham

How do you manage to have chameleon for 8 months yet you don't even know what size crickets to feed??? No wonder it died. I'd say do some research before making the emotional decision to rush out and get a new one.

How do you manage to have chameleon for 8 months yet you don't even know what size crickets to feed??? No wonder it died. I'd say do some research before making the emotional decision to rush out and get a new one.

I just don't remember the size for baby chameleons.... I'm so use to buying big ones because my chameleon can eat them... I get all the basics about chameleon I just didn't do enough about the mealworms. I barely figured out that mealworms are bad. I learned a lesson so I know what to do when I get my new chameleon.

Every post I've read from you is rude. Please modify your attitude before posting.

if you cant afford the crix how can you afford the cham? if i was you i really would clean the enclosure really well look at your temps and supplaments and everything make sure he didnt die from your error, dont wanna bring a new one home and do the same thing or infect a new one with the old ones parasites. having said that im very sorry for your loss and i hope not to be sitting in your shoes one day. i dont blame you for wanting a new one but whats the rush take your time make sure your cash is right make sure your conditions are right, then find your right cham

You're right :( it was my fault for not saving my money right. Anyways I spotted my error on how my chameleon died... So I'll never make the same mistake again.

I am very sorry to hear about your chameleon. What happen to your chameleon to cause it to die? Before you get a new one be sure that you are spot on with chameleon care. I would also highly recommend that you do a very through cleaning of everything (cage, vines, branches, trees and plants) that you old chameleon touched BEFORE you put a new cham anywhere near. The only thing that will kill everything (even coccidia) is 40 volume peroxide. It can be purchased at a hair supply store such as Sally's. Get the liquid not the cream or gel.

I also just noticed in your last thread before this one that you didn't have the money to buy crickets. https://www.chameleonforums.com/help-something-wrong-my-chameleon-72695/
PLEASE BEFORE you get another chameleon be sure to have a nice little cham saving account for all supplies and feeders that chameleons need along with money for the vets when he gets sick.

He died because I fed him too much meal worms. I haven't had crickets for 2 weeks straight so I fed him mealworms cause I didn't want him to starve. It was my fault for not doing any research on mealworms... Barely found out yesterday that too much meal worms is very bad. Ima have to research even more on food this time...

He died because I fed him too much meal worms. I haven't had crickets for 2 weeks straight so I fed him mealworms cause I didn't want him to starve. It was my fault for not doing any research on mealworms... Barely found out yesterday that too much meal worms is very bad. Ima have to research even more on food this time...

Without an autopsy there's no way to know for sure what killed him. I doubt it was the mealworms.

first i would like to say i am very sorry for your loss. second i agree with jan on making sure you are very careful before putting another chameleon in your tank and make sure its cleaned properly and rinsed well all object that are inside your tank and the tank its self. maybe you could fill out one of the help questions reference sheet. that way some of the more experience members can help you better. i also notice you had said something meal worms being cause of death?! could you explain that more?

Without an autopsy there's no way to know for sure what killed him. I doubt it was the mealworms.

My sister told me about it. She did research on why he was acting up while I was at Cali. He told me the story and it made sense. His inside was bruising up and his body was showing symptoms of the condition too. She told me it was because of the mealworms. It's a long story.

first i would like to say i am very sorry for your loss. second i agree with jan on making sure you are very careful before putting another chameleon in your tank and make sure its cleaned properly and rinsed well all object that are inside your tank and the tank its self. maybe you could fill out one of the help questions reference sheet. that way some of the more experience members can help you better. i also notice you had said something meal worms being cause of death?! could you explain that more?

It's a very long story. He was on a hunger strike and wouldn't eat because of the worms. He was also showing symptoms of a condition that my sister told me about. Like his body was turning black and he looked all anorexic and stuff. His insides were bruising and he couldnt even hold on to a branch. Just talking about makes me very sad :(

It's a very long story. He was on a hunger strike and wouldn't eat because of the worms. He was also showing symptoms of a condition that my sister told me about. Like his body was turning black and he looked all anorexic and stuff. His insides were bruising and he couldnt even hold on to a branch. Just talking about makes me very sad :(

Please post some pictures of this chameleon.

I doubt it was just the mealworms... Also, any more information on this other condition he suffered from?

You definitely want to make sure you have a good understanding of what happened to your previous cham before you get a new one.

I did that with my vieled chameleon. I mean, I bought crickets (lots) but I also fed her lots of meal worms. It wasn't a matter of money, it was a matter of thinking meal worms are an ok day by day food.

All I'm saying is that people make mistakes, at least you are accepting them and changing your ways. Lots of people would go out and buy one again and try winging it once more.

..and its really heart breaking to lose a friend...Even if people only think its a lizard.:(

..Ohh. As you see i am BRAND NEW at chameleons. Only been dealing with them for about 8 months. I came across this site when I lost my veiled. I'm just saying....

...To one new chameleon owner to another. These pros on these forums have made newbie mistakes too, don't be fooled or beat yourself up. It takes time and experience to learn. Its sad but true....

Back
Top Bottom