Need help!

There’s a lot of things I’m still missing it’s just money has been really hard since covid I haven’t gotten the correct uvb lighting still because they’re just really expensive and I had plants in his cage but they’ve been dying because I’m not a huge plant expert I’ve been trying to do alot more but it’s been hard but I promise I’m trying I know how fragile chameleons can be and I’m really doing my best if you have any tips for me harsh or not I’m 100% open to them
I completely understand. A plant light bulb should help keep the plants alive. That's the best for him if you're trying your best. That's all you can do.

The super thing about pothos is you can make more plants from them. Snip about 5-6” from the end of a vine, sit it in a cup of water and roots will form. I use about 5-6 of these and put in a pot and I’ve got a new pothos plant. Heart leaf Philodendron are the same. Both are very hearty and don’t need special care or lighting. I gather branches from outside, wash with Dawn dish soap, rinse well, dry in the sun and then I’ve got natural branches for my enclosures. Some things can be done economically, but lights and supplements - there are no less expensive work-arounds.

There’s a lot of things I’m still missing it’s just money has been really hard since covid I haven’t gotten the correct uvb lighting still because they’re just really expensive and I had plants in his cage but they’ve been dying because I’m not a huge plant expert I’ve been trying to do alot more but it’s been hard but I promise I’m trying I know how fragile chameleons can be and I’m really doing my best if you have any tips for me harsh or not I’m 100% open to them
The UVB and proper supplementing and well fed/Gutloaded insects are important to provide right away. If you don't do this they will develop health issues fairly quickly.

How warm is it in Virginia now? If you can't get the proper UVB for a few days, if it's warm enough you could give him some time outside in the sun to make up for it.
Also, you might be able to adjust your supplements for a few days...but beyond that, by delaying things you're risking his health IMHO.

You still need to figure out the blood in the stool issue too.

The UVB and proper supplementing and well fed/Gutloaded insects are important to provide right away. If you don't do this they will develop health issues fairly quickly.

How warm is it in Virginia now? If you can't get the proper UVB for a few days, if it's warm enough you could give him some time outside in the sun to make up for it.
Also, you might be able to adjust your supplements for a few days...but beyond that, by delaying things you're risking his health IMHO.

You still need to figure out the blood in the stool issue too.
It’s been around 70s in Virgin but it’s had cool breezes and stuff normally I take him outside a lot in the summer right now I’m at the vet and they are gonna get a fecal sample they are putting something in hit back area to pretty much try and get anything out idk if this was a good option or if I should’ve just waited for his next doodie session

Sometimes they get a poop sample that way. Let's hope they do! Hope they figure out what's up!
Doctor just came back in they got a good sample they said they said everything looks normal so they are saying maybe it’s from stress, because I had gone out of town for a week and had someone watching him. So they say it could’ve been for stress but they said they were going to do something else I forgot what he said but I think they are looking at his poop more

So today I took Zippy to the vet and pretty much he said he looks perfectly fine they checked everything they checked his arms legs they checked his mouth the pretty much gave him an enema to get a fecal sample and they said it looks normal and his poop is good he’s drinking enough water everything is good. There’s no parasites so he pretty much just said it could have been a lot of stress but I don’t see how stress would cause him to bleed. I left town for a week and had to move his cage to the sitters house but that’s been all. So my guess is maybe he didn’t digest something right and it scraped him on the way out. Also they gave me some anti inflammatory medicine for him just in case. So I’m really hoping there’s nothing wrong with him but I’m still confused on why he literally projectile squirted something out of his butt like it was like a water gun it looked brown so I assume it was poop but idk.

The super thing about pothos is you can make more plants from them. Snip about 5-6” from the end of a vine, sit it in a cup of water and roots will form. I use about 5-6 of these and put in a pot and I’ve got a new pothos plant. Heart leaf Philodendron are the same. Both are very hearty and don’t need special care or lighting. I gather branches from outside, wash with Dawn dish soap, rinse well, dry in the sun and then I’ve got natural branches for my enclosures. Some things can be done economically, but lights and supplements - there are no less expensive work-arounds.
What’s the best kind of pothos?

So do you put them on the walls? Because they grow and hang right? So how would I go about growing them in that way if so?
Yes , you zip tie them to branches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-182125_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-182125_Chrome.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom