Need help!

OreoPapii

So today I woke up fed my cham everything has been normal he pooped I cleaned it up and left the room for a bit. I came back in noticed small spots where Zippy had pooped it’s just little chunks of poop I’ll post pictures of it but just now he was trying to poop again and he seemed to be struggling and he literally squirted what I assume was poop it was brown but it literally squirted from his butt and he just wiped his butt on one of his perches and there was red and I’m going to assume it was blood but I really need urgent help I live in Virginia and have been struggling to find good vets so if anyone knows any please let me know! I live in Newport News so anything near here would be very appreciated!

B16751C9-6D78-455B-BB98-B70972E1CA15.jpeg

This is what his poop looked like after his first poop little spots like this all over his cage and yes I do use a carpet thing but I clean it VERY often to make sure it’s clean

Also yesterday he had been drinking a lot of water and all recently also I hand mist him and normally he licks water off of his leaves and cage but the past 2 days he had been coming directly to the spray bottle to get water so I’d slowly mist his face till he’d move his head so idk if the amount of water he has been drinking has something to do with this

He is a handsome dude ♡ more water shouldn't cause his poop to do that.
Do you feed him horn worms? That can make for some runny poop. As far a blood i agree, I think a vet is important.

But I just want to point out. No matter how good you think you clean the green carpet. They are like a dish sponge. They will always harvest bacteria. Not really good to keep that in there. Better for a bare bottom.
I also notice a couple things wrong w.your husbandry in the pic if you want feedback to better it. You can fill out the help forum. Just a suggestion ♡

Do you feed him horn worms? That can make for some runny poop. As far a blood i agree, I think a vet is important.

But I just want to point out. No matter how good you think you clean the green carpet. They are like a dish sponge. They will always harvest bacteria. Not really good to keep that in there. Better for a bare bottom.
I also notice a couple things wrong w.your husbandry in the pic if you want feedback to better it. You can fill out the help forum. Just a suggestion ♡
There’s a lot of things I’m still missing it’s just money has been really hard since covid I haven’t gotten the correct uvb lighting still because they’re just really expensive and I had plants in his cage but they’ve been dying because I’m not a huge plant expert I’ve been trying to do alot more but it’s been hard but I promise I’m trying I know how fragile chameleons can be and I’m really doing my best if you have any tips for me harsh or not I’m 100% open to them

Also if I do go bare what’s the best thing to clean the bottom with? Just water? Or what’s your recommendation

In the "health clinic" part of the forum is a "how to ask for help" post. Copy and paste that and answer the questions and this community can fine tune your chameleon care.

As for plants. Just get some Pothos. They're very low maintenance and easy to care for. Just make sure they get water. I've had the same ones in my enclosure for years..some keepers use lots of different plants but the good old tried and true Pothos is the easiest in my opinion. I've never given them anything but dirt and water and a separate plant light, aside from the UVB the chameleon needs.

Back
Top Bottom