Need help!

I’m not sure why his casque and spines are crooked for sure but it sounds like he may have metabolic bone disease which is basically calcium deficiency. You’ll need to follow the supplement schedule miss skittles gave you above. That will help him a lot.

Does this cage have screen in the top as well?
Oh no! ☹️ i will post my supplements now sorry if i ask alot of questions i just wanna make sure im doing it right! Unfortunately no, only the left side i think you can kinda see it on one of the pictures on andyes he climbs everything ok fornow he even managed toclimb on some of the bark, in the beginning he just stayed at the bottom. He's doing better now i think and climbed to the very top to hide and sleep

Oh no! ☹️ i will post my supplements now sorry if i ask alot of questions i just wanna make sure im doing it right! Unfortunately no, only the left side i think you can kinda see it on one of the pictures on andyes he climbs everything ok fornow he even managed toclimb on some of the bark, in the beginning he just stayed at the bottom. He's doing better now i think and climbed to the very top to hide and sleep

These aremy supplements i already have, do i need to buy any more? I attached the ingredients of one since it wasn't in english at all i will use that as my main every feeding (no phos or d3) or the jbl microcalcium but all i could find is that it's 100g calcium. And the reptile vitamins with d3 every 2 weeks? I could only find a multivitamin with d3 in my pet store unfortunetly

Attachments

• 20211017_190326.jpg
    20211017_190326.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211017_190035.jpg
    20211017_190035.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 83
  • 20211017_190618.jpg
    20211017_190618.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 74
I’m familiar with the repticalcium and the reptivite but not the other two. Does your repticalcium have D3 in it? It looks like the picture on the front says with D3 , am I right?

I’m familiar with the repticalcium and the reptivite but not the other two. Does your repticalcium have D3 in it? It looks like the picture on the front says with D3 , am I right?
Yeah both with d3 not sure which is better though, I'm not suprised it's really hard to get name brand things here unless you order online so the others are from germany i think. If it helps i can translate the ingredients i tried comparing it to other zoomed vitamins and they seem ok but im not 100% sure

Ok you need a calcium with no phosphorus and no D3 and reptical makes one because I use it. Like miss skittles said previously you’ll need to dust you insects daily with the phosphorus free calcium with No D3. One feeding every other week you’ll want to use the reptivite with D3. @MissSkittles am I right on this? We’re talking about a Cham with possible MBD.

Ok you need a calcium with no phosphorus and no D3 and reptical makes one because I use it. Like miss skittles said previously you’ll need to dust you insects daily with the phosphorus free calcium with No D3. One feeding every other week you’ll want to use the reptivite with D3. @MissSkittles am I right on this? We’re talking about a Cham with possible MBD.
The JBL calcium (orange bottle) - does that have D3 in it? If not, that is the one to use for every feeding. Then the Reptivite with D3 is your multivitamin and D3 combined and you’ll use that for one feeding every other week.
@MissSkittles im not sure what to tell her about her enclosure either because it seems it’s all glass with only a screen in the left side. I’m worried about air flow.
Only screen on one side is ok, but the top should be screen too. I know it’s common in Europe to have all of the lights inside of the enclosure, but at least for chameleons, they should be on top. Uvb does not pass thru anything other than screen. Also, chameleons climb and there’s always a risk of them exploring on the lights and getting burned. A screen top also promotes better air circulation.

The JBL calcium (orange bottle) - does that have D3 in it? If not, that is the one to use for every feeding. Then the Reptivite with D3 is your multivitamin and D3 combined and you’ll use that for one feeding every other week.

Only screen on one side is ok, but the top should be screen too. I know it’s common in Europe to have all of the lights inside of the enclosure, but at least for chameleons, they should be on top. Uvb does not pass thru anything other than screen. Also, chameleons climb and there’s always a risk of them exploring on the lights and getting burned. A screen top also promotes better air circulation.
He's still eating in very small amounts, but i ordered some more crickets and dubia roaches so hopefully he'll like those and yes the orange bottle is regular calcium no d3. I tried looking online for different enclosures that were all screen but i couldn't find any, is it ok for now? I will keep a close eye on him and make sure it's too far to reach

He's still eating in very small amounts, but i ordered some more crickets and dubia roaches so hopefully he'll like those and yes the orange bottle is regular calcium no d3. I tried looking online for different enclosures that were all screen but i couldn't find any, is it ok for now? I will keep a close eye on him and make sure it's too far to reach
Oh and went plant shopping today, i bought another ficus plant, monstera, pothos, syngonium and kroton so he'll have alot of coverage now, are these ok? Thanks!

Oh and went plant shopping today, i bought another ficus plant, monstera, pothos, syngonium and kroton so he'll have alot of coverage now, are these ok? Thanks!
(Sorry again for bad quality pics i might get some better ones in the morning)

Attachments

• 20211018_194446.jpg
    20211018_194446.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211018_194428.jpg
    20211018_194428.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211018_194410.jpg
    20211018_194410.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 82
Poor guy sounds like he’s been thru a lot. Chameleons are very sensitive to changes and get stressed easily. However, you need to make the changes to improve his life. I think the plants will definitely make him feel more secure and settle in a bit better.
Is there any way for you to get the glass top removed and replace it with screen? Having a glass top is going to make it very difficult to give him the correct lighting. Hybrid and glass enclosures are fine, but you need to ensure it has good air circulation and a screen top. A good glass enclosure will have some ventilation, usually on the lower front of the enclosure and then the air is drawn in and up thru the screen top. Like in this glass enclosure, you can see the black vent just below the doors. *only using this pic to demonstrate…this is not a good enclosure example for a chameleon.
0B4A9E8A-12CF-4340-8BAF-39E66B41AF1D.jpeg

Poor guy sounds like he’s been thru a lot. Chameleons are very sensitive to changes and get stressed easily. However, you need to make the changes to improve his life. I think the plants will definitely make him feel more secure and settle in a bit better.
Is there any way for you to get the glass top removed and replace it with screen? Having a glass top is going to make it very difficult to give him the correct lighting. Hybrid and glass enclosures are fine, but you need to ensure it has good air circulation and a screen top. A good glass enclosure will have some ventilation, usually on the lower front of the enclosure and then the air is drawn in and up thru the screen top. Like in this glass enclosure, you can see the black vent just below the doors. *only using this pic to demonstrate…this is not a good enclosure example for a chameleon.
View attachment 312773
I asked my dad and he said it would be impossible to take the top off without breaking the whole enclosure so for now he put some bark around his heat lamp so it'll be harder to reach and burn himself. To get to his uvb lamp it would be really hard unless he climbed the roof of the enclosure which i think he'd probably fall. Im going to haveto work on air circulation too i promise i will keep a good eye on him and better enclosures but the ones with screens on the top are all too small or not for chams. Good news though the lights came and are set up i just need to set up the wires (which is why i have a diff uvb lamp for now and i also got a mister so ill set that up for him too, he's been shedding like crazy ever since i started misting him more often since i heard that helps and he's been more green lately! Before he was completely grey and brown

Attachments

• 20211019_171145.jpg
    20211019_171145.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20211019_171208.jpg
    20211019_171208.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom