Need help

Chefeti

Any body know what this is age sex and best way to keep them

Any info would be great

Attachments

• 20190603_155741.jpg
    20190603_155741.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 153
Im sorry I dont recognize the species of chameleon in the pic. What is it? Maybe we can tag in the right members.

I have no idea what it is I'm trying to find out any info would be great I think it might be
    • Kenyan High-casqued Chameleon

Hi I live in the UK and I found on a bush I waited 4 hours to see if someone come to claim him but no one did it then become dark cold and rainy so I have put at home in a viv I used for my old chomeleon he must of been hungry as ate strate from hand

Ok well I doubt that it's native to England but why don't we go over your set up. Chameleon looks really nice you may just end up keeping him, could you fill out the form in my signature to help us get a feel for what your set up is while I can try and look up what you have?

Hi I live in the UK and I found on a bush I waited 4 hours to see if someone come to claim him but no one did it then become dark cold and rainy so I have put at home in a viv I used for my old chomeleon he must of been hungry as ate strate from hand
Omg that’s horrible!! Poor baby

Ok well I doubt that it's native to England but why don't we go over your set up. Chameleon looks really nice you may just end up keeping him, could you fill out the form in my signature to help us get a feel for what your set up is while I can try and look up what you have?
Soon as I'm back from work I will fill out the form for you as I just want T be best for this little girl or guy

You are definitely right, here is what I found Trioceros hoehnelli, commonly known as von Höhnel's chameleon, the helmeted chameleon, and the high-casqued chameleon, is a species of chameleon, a lizard in the family Chamaeleonidae. The species is endemic to eastern Africa

You are definitely right, here is what I found Trioceros hoehnelli, commonly known as von Höhnel's chameleon, the helmeted chameleon, and the high-casqued chameleon, is a species of chameleon, a lizard in the family Chamaeleonidae. The species is endemic to eastern Africa
He must of been some ones pet but

He is a male you can tell because he has something called a hemipenal bulge at the base of his tail

It looked like a Hoe but I've never kept one so I don't know... I would tag in some of the older posters because they were quite popular for some time. There was even like a little "club" folks had that they added in their signature. @jannb and I know it's a long shot but @Chris Anderson has kept them for quite some time.

Read up now that you know what he is. Youre in the right place for information. Please keep us updated. Also get ready to spend some money on good lights,mister and plants. Good luck.

You have a mature male T.hoehnelii. He's the type that is currently being exported from Kenya to both the US and Europe for the last year. Van Overbeke Jurgen breeds hoehnelii in Belgium. There's also a hoehnelii group on facebook based in the UK. This in addition to all the care sheets you've already found.
These are a wonderful little species and easy to care for so long as you can provide proper conditions. The most important being: low night temperatures (45-60F.) with high humidity, and drier daytime temps from 65-78F.

Back
Top Bottom