Need help.

From a dark pen to a shoe box, what else needs to be said?!

What else needs to be said is quite remarkable. The animal went from that shoebox to the home of an experienced chameleon keeper who is working to rehab her. It is really refreshing to have people like Nelson out there. He knew his limits and gave the chamelon away so that it would have a chance at surviving. Anyone who has been on these forums long enough knows that the story seldom ends this way. :(

All right! I had my doubts about the chameleon surviving, but its good to hear some positive news. So what did Lisa say? Is it fattening up? Does it look stronger? Does it eat on its own? I want to know everything!

Howdy Chameleonaire,

Somehow, I missed your last post, otherwise I'd have posted sooner...

This morning, I just read an email from Chamelisa that your little deremensis passed away yesterday. She had been on the mend but I guess that it was just too much for her to overcome. This is often the case in rehab situations. I'm running about a 50% success rate myself with my rehab attempts. It was nice to know that she had an environment with unfiltered outdoor sunshine, long automated mistings, live plants, healthy food and an attentive, experienced keeper to make her last days comfortable. Thanks for bringing the attention of this little critter to us, giving her the chance that she had.

WHAT? Aw man, that's terrible news. I'm sorry to hear it. I thought that the poor thing actually had a chance. Man that's a downer. Well at least we tried. At least its final days were in comfort, which made its passing easier, I guess. Well thanks again to everybody that helped, we couldn't save this one, but at least we can all rest assured that there will always be opportunities to save chameleons and all other types of animals.

Here's to you, little unnamed female deremensis.

Last edited:
Howdy Chameleonaire,

Somehow, I missed your last post, otherwise I'd have posted sooner...

This morning, I just read an email from Chamelisa that your little deremensis passed away yesterday. She had been on the mend but I guess that it was just too much for her to overcome. This is often the case in rehab situations. I'm running about a 50% success rate myself with my rehab attempts. It was nice to know that she had an environment with unfiltered outdoor sunshine, long automated mistings, live plants, healthy food and an attentive, experienced keeper to make her last days comfortable. Thanks for bringing the attention of this little critter to us, giving her the chance that she had.
do you have a idea what she died from?

Back
Top Bottom