need help with supplements

whysoez420

i'm getting a baby veiled in about a week and i'm aware that i need to dust with calcium (no d3) every feeding and twice a month reptivite with d3. i was at the store today where i'm getting the chameleon from and the guy told me chameleons need d3 every feeding unless they get constant sunlight. now i was told on here about using the calcium without d3 and reptivite with d3 which i trust over anything else but the question i have is why would the guy say that when he breeds chams himself? thanks for any help guys.

I don't know why he told you that. They will get most of the necessary d3 from the uvb light that you will provide. Over supplementing with d3(which would be what he is doing) can cause problems with their organs and such. It might not show up right away either. How long has this guy been breeding anyways? We can only tell you what we have been successful with as far as supplementing. It is up to you who you want to follow.

haha thank you for your reply. i wasn't believing him at all. every question i'v had has been asked and answered on this site, you guys are beyond knowledgeable. i was mainly asking because i found it very odd :p

I DONT TALK TO THE PET STORE PEOPLE PERIOD!! with that said.... i feed a spay calcium every feeding..its easy and less mess every day....then on the second week a few times i will dust with phos free repticalc...on the 3rd week i feed with a spay multivit with beta carrotine and dust with repticalc with d3 and phos. a couple times follow that and you will have happy healthy chams and don't forget to gut load your crickets i use bug burger by raspy super foods its the best...

haha thank you for your reply. i wasn't believing him at all. every question i'v had has been asked and answered on this site, you guys are beyond knowledgeable. i was mainly asking because i found it very odd :p

oh your are welcome!!! You will find a lot of people out there who think they know chameleons. The most knowledge you will ever acquire is right here on this website. I just got through going back and forth with a guy on craigslist who was housing a female and male together in a fish thank that I wouldn't house one chameleon in. He got mad at me, but too bad!!!

oh your are welcome!!! You will find a lot of people out there who think they know chameleons. The most knowledge you will ever acquire is right here on this website. I just got through going back and forth with a guy on craigslist who was housing a female and male together in a fish thank that I wouldn't house one chameleon in. He got mad at me, but too bad!!!

well that's exactly it, there's a right way and a wrong way in most situations.
i'd prefer going with the right way especially when it comes to an animal.

Back
Top Bottom