Need Help with Houdini’s age & type of cham

D6E13C4D-29F8-49E1-98FC-5E3A89326110.jpeg
23105A57-9D96-4CE5-96E2-DD9743CD023A.jpeg
BCA488BA-387E-44E1-97A8-397649DDC153.jpeg
8BA6B64F-E42F-41EF-A7AE-4013A18F759B.jpeg
E15FE660-C190-448D-90E0-5E10592653F6.jpeg
F8AC374D-FFC9-4AEA-A485-2FBBFB5A23C3.jpeg
FE8CA971-E972-49CF-80BF-4A7E557249F1.jpeg
I’ve had this little guy for about 3 weeks now. Pretty sure he is male but having a hard time with age & what type of panther. When I bought him the only thing they told me about him was he was a Panther Chameleon. I’ve been researching for days & think he may be a Nosy Be but it’s hard to tell. He’s slowly becoming more blue tinted but I’m just not sure because he’s a different color allllll day long.

im pretty sure you have yourself a female btw. the dark dark colors really show that. also im thinking ambanja. my little girl looks exactly the same but she has a little more color

im pretty sure you have yourself a female btw. the dark dark colors really show that. also im thinking ambanja. my little girl looks exactly the same but she has a little more color
Yes. I can’t decide what I think about sex so I’m just going to let him keep growing. I would like a big but will be just as happy with a girl. I will definitely look at pictures of them! Do you have a picture of your girl that I could see?

these are a month old but the only ones I have on my computer. She is much lighter than that now usually. But you can tell a girl easily by how deep the colors are as you can see in these old pics of my cham.

Attachments

• IMG_3815.JPG
    IMG_3815.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3814.JPG
    IMG_3814.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 220
these are a month old but the only ones I have on my computer. She is much lighter than that now usually. But you can tell a girl easily by how deep the colors are as you can see in these old pics of my cham.
How old was she in these pictures? I only see dark colors every couple of days & it’s when he’s directly under his basking lamp

Im not 100% sure but in my opinion I think you have a male. There seems to be a slight bulge at the base of the tail and the colors of red on the chin and stripes make me believe its a male because my 4 month old looked exactly like yours when it was younger. And mine is an Ambilobe

How old was she in these pictures? I only see dark colors every couple of days & it’s when he’s directly under his basking lamp
she was about 5 months old in those pics i believe. can you post a picture of your cham just chilling out please so i can see what colors you are talking about.

Im not 100% sure but in my opinion I think you have a male. There seems to be a slight bulge at the base of the tail and the colors of red on the chin and stripes make me believe its a male because my 4 month old looked exactly like yours when it was younger. And mine is an Ambilobe
the bulge is there on male and female there are 2 little bulges for male and one for female. and the chin stripes are present on my girl too.

the bulge is there on male and female there are 2 little bulges for male and one for female. and the chin stripes are present on my girl too.

None of my females have hemipeni bumps at the base of their tails. Are you referring to the "bump" of the anus on females? There's my wc female's tail vs my younger nosy be male's tail. Clearly no hemipeni buldge on the base of the female tail vs the male. The male was 3 months in that pic.

Female
Screenshot_2018-04-29-22-35-16.png

Male
Screenshot_2018-04-29-22-42-39.png

I'm surprised by the disagreement about its sex! There looks to be a rather obvious hemipenal bulge in my opinion. Also, there's no point in guessing a locale at this point. Way too young to be reliable

I'm surprised by the disagreement about its sex! There looks to be a rather obvious hemipenal bulge in my opinion. Also, there's no point in guessing a locale at this point. Way too young to be reliable
I thought there was a bulge as well! Lots of people have been saying female but I disagree. I’m just being impatient about what he is going to look like haha

I agree with @Wildwilson, you have a male. There is a hemipeni bump at the base of the tail in the first and third pic. Who did you get him from? If they didn't/ couldn't tell you locale you'll have to give him more time to color up a bit to tell for sure.
I thought male as well. I got him from a local pet store. They didnt have much information on him

I thought there was a bulge as well! Lots of people have been saying female but I disagree. I’m just being impatient about what he is going to look like haha

I thought male as well. I got him from a local pet store. They didnt have much information on him

I can see why some are saying female. There are a couple of things that made me look at each pic several times before deciding but, there is no denying the bulge at the base of the tail in pics 1, 3 and 4.

Yes, bump up to 10-12 crickets a day at that age.
Juveniles 3-6 months of age: 10-12 small crickets daily
Juveniles 6-12 months of age: 10-12 medium crickets every other day
Adults over 12 months of age: 7-10 medium-large crickets every other day
Thank you!! I will definitely stick to this. I felt like 8 wasn’t enough but I wasn’t sure if more was considered over feeding

Thank you!! I will definitely stick to this. I felt like 8 wasn’t enough but I wasn’t sure if more was considered over feeding

You're welcome. I allow up to 15 on Sunday's (vitamin/ d3 dusting days) though they all still tend to only take around 10 to 12 mark. On the first feed day of each month they are offered a single bug of what that days feeders are first that has had a drop of liquid vit A put on it before being offered the rest of that days feeders are offered so I know they got that month's vit A bug. How many supers are you offering? Any other feeders besides those two in your rotation?

Back
Top Bottom