Need help veiled chameleon will not move it's been 5 days.

Use the attach files button in your reply to post photos of the cham and the entire enclosure lighting down.

New guy here: Born and raised in the Everglades... Moved to D/FW Texas 1980 for college and found what y'all call "Chameleons" were very different (BEMs - Bug Eyed Monsters🐸) from the 6-7" native lizards I knew growing up.
If you're concerned about your pet my question is: "Is it breathing?" No insult intended, if yes go to vet, if no time for a funeral.
I dated a young lady who amazed me at the time with her 42" Chameleon. (who would've considered a 6" (inch) one a snack.) And I didn't realize that well meaning but ignorant human/s had once again introduced an invasive species to my beloved Everglades Swamp. At the risk of dating myself: Paper Trees, lovebugs, panthers, pythons, piranhas ring a bell? And now - I learned here - Chameleons.
Disclosure: Steve Irwin and Nicola Tesla are personal heros and living hero Elon Musk. I don't own a reptile of any kind (but I do have a 40 gallon salt water (thicker, stronger walls) aquarium that would do well as a part time terrarium. So, hmm. The only restrictions here regarding reptilian pets are no venomous ones. Hello, glad I found this.
Spar

Where did you get? When was the last time you feed it? Whats your ambient temps? Whats your humidity? How much are you feeding him, has he been to the vet?
I fed it last night, temp is 75-80, humidity is 50-70 20 Crickets a week, has not been to a vet. Location California

I fed it last night, temp is 75-80, humidity is 50-70 20 Crickets a week, has not been to a vet. Location California
Temps should be fine for VEILEDS it should be between 72-78F works best but other say 70-80F not much of a difference... how old is he? Do you know? That will decide how much and how often to feed. And where specifically did you buy him? Please attach enclosure pictures for the appropriate help :)

And humidity is too high panthers are the ones that need 50%+ during the day veileds should have around 40%, 70% is too high so try to lower that a bit.

New guy here: Born and raised in the Everglades... Moved to D/FW Texas 1980 for college and found what y'all call "Chameleons" were very different (BEMs - Bug Eyed Monsters🐸) from the 6-7" native lizards I knew growing up.
If you're concerned about your pet my question is: "Is it breathing?" No insult intended, if yes go to vet, if no time for a funeral.
I dated a young lady who amazed me at the time with her 42" Chameleon. (who would've considered a 6" (inch) one a snack.) And I didn't realize that well meaning but ignorant human/s had once again introduced an invasive species to my beloved Everglades Swamp. At the risk of dating myself: Paper Trees, lovebugs, panthers, pythons, piranhas ring a bell? And now - I learned here - Chameleons.
Disclosure: Steve Irwin and Nicola Tesla are personal heros and living hero Elon Musk. I don't own a reptile of any kind (but I do have a 40 gallon salt water (thicker, stronger walls) aquarium that would do well as a part time terrarium. So, hmm. The only restrictions here regarding reptilian pets are no venomous ones. Hello, glad I found this.
Spar
Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to request that this post is moved to another thread so you like get replies and people can reply here to the OP without confusion...@brad

Please post some photos of your chameleon and the whole cage.
As was already asked...what are the temperatures in the cage? In the basking area? What area do you live in?

Attachments

• 16707188143217138745089218046934.jpg
    16707188143217138745089218046934.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1670718842443580904407391793060.jpg
    1670718842443580904407391793060.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1670718842443580904407391793060.jpg
    1670718842443580904407391793060.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 16707188552483050602771851558133.jpg
    16707188552483050602771851558133.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 51
It would really help a lot if you post some pics of your chameleon and your enclosure, including the top and bottom.
You have the wrong size enclosure also wrong UVB and heating... did you purchase the chameleon kit? If so im sorry to tell you but you need to act quick, almost everything in the chameleon kit is the wrong husbandry what i would do for now is set up a basking spot add a few horizontal sticks... is it a female? Your basking should be around 80F. Purchase a fixture with a T5 linear bulb this one comes with both: T5 5.0 and Fixture.

Am i blind? I dont see the chameleon! How old is he? Is it a he? 20 crickets? What size crickets? Not enough if still growing and they are small. Still growing, 10-12 a day. You need to go out and get a linear uvb light. Get the 24" so when u upgrade the enclosure for full grown you dont have to upgrade the light. Put a 75 watt basking bulb in the double dome. temp should be higher then 73. Take at level he sits to basks too. Hand pump spray a least three times a day for 1-2 minutes. Fake leaves are no good all the water rolls off. You need to get live pathos vines. Most important, you need to get him to a vet.like yesterday! And make sure u talk to the vet about supplememts! This might be the start of mbd. get a qtip and dip in water and roll front of mouth to see if he is thristy. If he opens up for it have cotton ball and squeeze drips of water in his mouth.

In California, no basking spots
Am i blind? I dont see the chameleon! How old is he? Is it a he? 20 crickets? What size crickets? Not enough if still growing and they are small. Still growing, 10-12 a day. You need to go out and get a linear uvb light. Get the 24" so when u upgrade the enclosure for full grown you dont have to upgrade the light. Put a 75 watt basking bulb in the double dome. temp should be higher then 73. Take at level he sits to basks too. Hand pump spray a least three times a day for 1-2 minutes. Fake leaves are no good all the water rolls off. You need to get live pathos vines. Most important, you need to get him to a vet.like yesterday! And make sure u talk to the vet about supplememts! This might be the start of mbd. get a qtip and dip in water and roll front of mouth to see if he is thristy. If he opens up for it have cotton ball and squeeze drips of water in his mouth.
Do you actually not see him or are you being sarcastic?! LOL

The small casque tells me shes a gemale and she maybe cold if shes notmoving from that spot. Also you need to have her on a 12 hour schedule. Sun up to sun down with no lights or heat devices at night just make sure room temp does not go below 50. The uvb dome doesnt work! Its got to go. I wish oeopkecould start sueing these comoanies to make priper changes. I am thankful you found thus site as you will get good info on caring for your girl. since she is a girl, you need to set up a lay bin as chams are like chickens they dont need to mate to lay eggs. get a container fill 50% play sand 50% soil and make it at least 10 inches deep. Niw my girl laid her eggs right in the floor behind a plant and next to the lay bin. I spoje with a breeder who tild me that some girls think thats the forest floor and wont use a laybin. So i made an 18x18x14 container put 4 inches of rocks in the bottom then 3 inches of good organic soil then planted a swiss cheese plant and a pathos then filled the atea around the plants wirh soil then the filled the rest with the 50/50 mix and removed the floor of the cage, drilled holes and bolted it to the base i made then tape it around to keep the crickets in and perect! It works like a charm and was cheaper then buying a 2x2x4 cage and it now is about that height anyway! She lOves hunting on the bottom now too!

Back
Top Bottom