Need help to descover informations about a lot of chamaleon

arsnake

good morning, i could need everyone help me for take informatons about all species of chamaleons ... i would like precise informations about their habitat ?
thank s

That's an awfully broad request. It would help to limit your search to a few chameleon species.

yes i know this will be difficoult...
i would like search data from local meteo but i had not find nothing because there isn't data requaist ...
i have a wonder4ful procejt that can change all word of reptiles !!!
but i can t make this project alone with my strongs... i need someone can really help me to realize this project!!! if you are free i ll be very happy...
the work is a reaserch work... i need archive meteo data from africa ...
i need temperature, humidity, wind, pressure , at 06.00 am at 12.00 am
at 18.00pm and at 00.00 ...
this informations for all chamaleons habitat ... on the web there isn t a site that explane this informations !!! if i need poroto mountains informations how i must make?

es: monte poroto : temperature
humidity
wind
rain
pressure

star from 2000 and arrive to 2013... with informations for all hours
at 06.00 ?
at 07.00 ?
a 08.00 ?

i really need a way for find all data i need !!!

ps: and more i need schedule breed for more species chamaleonsw as possibile !! schedule that must be correct and sure at 100 %

someone help me :confused::confused::confused::confused:
it's already 3 day i m searching for nothing :(:(

I'm sure many members could pitch in with info on a single species, but there is no way we're going to pull up a database of all that info on every single species of chameleon for one member.

All it really takes is dedication, google, and a fair amount of time. I'm sure we'd be able to help you with some things, but you're still not being very specific.

Maybe make a form to fill out and have a few people choose some species to complete the form to help you?

I don't really understand what you want or even what you're saying.. But I think you could find information like that of a certain species' habitat on the internet somewhere. You might try searching for fact sheets about the habitat of a certain chameleon species. What Klink said what right, what you want is just way to broad, you need to narrow it down. Here is a fact sheet of Veileds to get you started: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/reptilesamphibians/facts/factsheets/veiledchameleon.cfm

At least I think that's kind of like what you're asking for, some of the stuff you wrote doesn't make much sense to me...

Edit - That info sheet was the only one I could find on any species. But I didn't look very hard

I can't help with specific data because I can't find it either. But I can tell you in most cases generic weather data will be near useless.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you want to know the temperature, humidity, etc over time for the micro habitat of every chameleon species? This data might exist with a limited time scale for a few species, but the only way your going to get what you really want would involve a huge budget, a team of researchers, and a few decades of work in Africa.

I would be glad for someone to show me im wrong but I doubt I am.

You probably also will want soil temperature at nest sites overtime as well, not to mention natural diet information, solar intensity data, preferred plants etc etc...

Good luck!

yes, the form to be filled may be a great idea!
Now I try to explain better, one year I am working on two programs
* (Manager habitat chameleons)
(manager habitat snakes)

Now I want to talk only of the first:
as the name implies is a program that using advanced technologies make it possible and optimal management of breeding ... being able to restore different microhabitats and speculative to reality for each species,
without the requirement to have a separate room for each microhabitat necessary, but being able to group a (x) number of microhabitats in one room.
everything is done through a continuous exchange of information between the program and the instruments of husbandry, which act according to the orders of the program precedentenmente set. a program being upgraded is not necessary that all of the 208 species of camalonti are present in the immediate, but I will limit myself to inclusion of those species for which we have a sufficient number of information that will show us the best methods of farming.
the less fancy and unfortunately more difficult is to find the necessary information,
the details are:
card breeding states:
* temperature max-min:
day-night humidity:
origin:
altitude:
spray pattern:
environment (primary forest, trees, bushes, grass):
uvb %

I'll have to compare this information with others:

* considering the origin and altitude of a species, I have to retrieve a weather archive of the area in question inherent in recent years divided hour to hour.
temperature:
humidity:
pressure to x m:
ground pressure:
rain:
wind:
solar intensity:
Sunrise and Sunset:
% Bad weather over 365 days:
Once you have this information I could compare the data sheets and set the program in a more than accurate. also, as I said the 208 species will be divided into groups according to criteria laid down by the same information as before, groups that will determine whether it is possible to stabulare different species in the same room ...

then in the final this program gives you the ability to manage hypothetically all 208 species of chameleons in an almost perfect in a number of venues which is around 7 to 8 (I speak without knowing precisely) but definitely less than 208 premises that would serve previously.
also the program will be connected to an applications starting for mobiles that will at any time to check any data of any theca you desire. it may, in case of need, to intervene manually on each theca modifying the program preinstalled for the given species, and then the values ​​set to it ... if there is any technical malfunction (failure of a neon uvb%, nebulizer failure, bad hydrometer calibrated), the program will send a message to the mobile so as to make us take action immediately. but these are just details, which explained so do not make it ...
the program also makes use of devices for the detection of all known bacteria in chameleons also in this case by sending a message to the mobile phone. check the% uvb of a neon lamp so sosituirla if the value is too low .. other extras will be a manager of incubators and a simple tabular program, with the possibility to archive, to enter data, such as: nutrition, calcium, d3, weights, mute, any medicinal therapies and depositions ... but these are all things that are currently consider them as extras ...
*I hope to have more or less introduced in optics right to understand what this is my project and what it takes to be able to finish ... plus I hope you pleases the idea that soon will make his appearance in the world of herpetology my daughter: ManagerChamaleonsHabitat:D:D:D

I can't help with specific data because I can't find it either. But I can tell you in most cases generic weather data will be near useless.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you want to know the temperature, humidity, etc over time for the micro habitat of every chameleon species? This data might exist with a limited time scale for a few species, but the only way your going to get what you really want would involve a huge budget, a team of researchers, and a few decades of work in Africa.

I would be glad for someone to show me im wrong but I doubt I am.

You probably also will want soil temperature at nest sites overtime as well, not to mention natural diet information, solar intensity data, preferred plants etc etc...

Good luck!

you aren't wrong
you to get a certain type of information probably is intended only as field research, d 'other part being a program upgradeable certain data will be entered exclusively to research done ... the power is not given to the fundamental operation of the program is up to us to properly integrate them =) while the soil temperature at the sites of deposition would serve to manage the inherent part of the program but then again being upgradeable to incubators there fast .. . I think that this project will do in his full face, a considerable leap forward in the field of herpetology, but of course a few steps c 'is already a few months but in the meantime questta part in a first version of the program will be tested on my farm, in the case positive test is continued research and finalizzation the program ...

if I could not make myself understood even now tell me ... but i think could be clear no ??

I like your idea, several vivarium controllers exist already but there is always room for a more advanced software suite. In my humble opinion the actual values required should be the least of your concerns.

The actual hardware, temperature and humidity sensing and regulation is the hard part. The software is fairly simple and will need to be able to be set manually. Most breeders have there own idea of what is ideal and replicating natural habitats might not always be what is best in captivity. For example people will vary temperatures to discourage egg production, or will find an individual does better than another of the same species with a different basking temperature. People who keep more difficult species will constantly try new variables to optimize.

It would be nice to have preset programs for certain species, and those could be downloadable as to always be up to date. It might even be a good idea to let users set up and share preset conditions on a website.

If your goal is to be the authority on chameleon climate conditions I think the project is destined to fail due to all the different ideas of what ideal is.

If your goal is to create a great climate control system for reptiles with suggested presets for common species that beginners can use that is a much better idea. More are always needed.

A lot more research on nutrition and other variables is needed. If your program could capture data and be shared among many users I think that would be helpful and in demand.

systems that exist now I doubt they reach only 1/4 of the goals that reach this new program ... the data can be edited manually with no problem, =) =)
I give a model that can be followed as no =) ...

then why not force or block some natural instinct? you can change the T point basking in 1 degree 2 can be modified slightly but some factor block or induce deposition in a well-managed sstema is useless ... nature would run its course thanks to the respect of the microhabitats of origin of the program

ciao! puoi trovare molte info sull habitat delle varie specie nel libro di P.Necas: "Chameleons, Nature's Hidden Jewels"! ;)

P.s I don't agree with forcing or blocking natural instincts, I don't know why it just sounds wrong!!

grazie mille =) proverò a cercarlo sicuramente in rete o nella mia zona ;)

if i can i star with research...

brookesia ambreensis :
montain d ambrè - madagascar -first forest

altitude ?
temperture day-night summer and winter?
humidity day -night summer and winter?
wind day-night summer and winter?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?
hour light summer and winter ?

brookesia antakarana
mountain d ambrè-madagascar-first forest

altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?
hours light summer winter ?

brookesia bekolosy
monongarivo reserv- madagascar -?
altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?
hour light summer-winter?

brookesia betschi
marojevo-madagascar- first forest

altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?
hours ligh summer and winter?

brookesia bonsi
namoroka-madagascar first forest
altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?

brookesia brunoi
? -madagascar-?
altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?
hours ligh summer winter ?

brookesia brygooi
analavelona-madagascar-first forest
altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?

brookesia confidens
?-madagascar-?
altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?
hours light summer and winter ?

brookesia decaryi
ankarafantsika-madagascar-first forest

altitude ?
rain summer and winter ?
uvb% ?

answer only if you have precise and sure informations...
if there isn t already exist a breed schedule for a species, you must only say me so i can leave this species out to the program for the moment

Back
Top Bottom