Need help shopping

Mai

Established Member
ok more questions. One can I use the mistaking starter with the this nozzle ? And do I really need to mount it ? And which light is the best for my 2x2x4 cage ?

Attachments

• 480B886B-935F-4D9B-83B1-41CD46CB1E00.png
    480B886B-935F-4D9B-83B1-41CD46CB1E00.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 5E166704-9270-498F-92E1-E325F5154021.png
    5E166704-9270-498F-92E1-E325F5154021.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 105
  • F89DE91E-E189-46CD-AE59-68056A2DCF29.png
    F89DE91E-E189-46CD-AE59-68056A2DCF29.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 89
Yes, that rain nozzle should work with the starter system just fine. The starter should run 6-9 nozzles easily.
I'm not much of an expert on lighting but I do know Arcadia bulbs have a very good reputation.
5.0 vs 10.0 depends on the size of your cage and how heavily planted. 5.0 is a good start for starter cages.
The species you are planning on getting can make a difference in the type of bulb you get. Have you decided?

Yes definitely I’m going for a panther. And the enclosure will have a minimum of 3 live plants . I live in South Florida where it’s always humid lol and I also need a Digital thermometer. Do you know if the mistking needs to be mounted ?

Attachments

• A328ECC7-1F28-48C1-AED1-3F44FACA20D3.jpeg
    A328ECC7-1F28-48C1-AED1-3F44FACA20D3.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 2F410115-C60F-4547-806E-F81E8C68021D.jpeg
    2F410115-C60F-4547-806E-F81E8C68021D.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 9AD2091F-CA90-46E4-B22D-8FAB84ABEE1E.jpeg
    9AD2091F-CA90-46E4-B22D-8FAB84ABEE1E.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 105
Nice plants, I would go for a golden pothos over a silver pothos.
The Mistking needs a food grade 5 gal bucket available at Lowe's, Home Depot etc. to use as the water reservoir. You will need to drill a very specific sized hole (in the instructions) and they provide the attachment. I don't have the pump portion screwed down but mine sits on a pad to absorb vibration. The misting tip it comes with is attached to the top of the cage thru the screen. There are corner mounts for sale out there but two pieces of thin flat rigid plastic work very well. If you are just going to use the other nozzle system I don't think you need anything.

I'm sure I've about worn my welcome out but, @Extensionofgreen has been a great source of help for me when trying to select plants for the lights I plan on going with over my diy enclosure. My enclosure is 4w x 2d x 4h and using a sun blaze 46 (4 foot 6 t5ho bulb fixture). I was told that 4 bulbs should be enough for the croton in my situation with my fixture. If I remember right, you went with the xxl diy?

Haha I know the feeling!! I've spent most of my week doing more schematics and changing things here and there. Trying to decide on a final build design for the top portion of the enclosure. You going bare bottom or bio-active with yours? So far my flora list "dark mystery" pilea, red pink and silver fittonia, 2 umbrellas, 1 f. Benjamin. After talking with @Extensionofgreen last night I'm going to try coleus and see how that works out. Have you picked out your light or any other plants yet?

I just about picked most of the stuff just need vitamins and supplements not quite sure which one is the best, I have 4 plants picked out. Up above r the types but I think I’m going to do both the pothos the silver which has a really pretty silk feel and the Golden pothos so I guess 4 plants But I also need to figure out a drainage system hmmm.. so I need a new shelf, make holes to the bottom and a bin to catch the water is what I’m thinking of. Nothing on the bottom of the cage except for the plants unless I end up with a female by mistake thanks to hurricane Irma I have found loads of branches that I need to cut and bake. Im also thinking about this one gun but I can’t tell if it reads humidity in my dragon cage the humidity seems to always be on 65 evening without trying lol South Florida what can I say lol oh and the lighting I picked the 10.0 I hope I picked it right

Attachments

• EA2926E9-C7AF-4A4C-9319-14C9C90D3237.png
    EA2926E9-C7AF-4A4C-9319-14C9C90D3237.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 2A891E06-4B00-4160-A427-01A5CBE6CD18.png
    2A891E06-4B00-4160-A427-01A5CBE6CD18.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 56DC7EB8-9E46-4FA0-880A-EE28B00B5D57.png
    56DC7EB8-9E46-4FA0-880A-EE28B00B5D57.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 50BC28A9-3BB8-4E8B-8B79-5AA771F701D2.png
    50BC28A9-3BB8-4E8B-8B79-5AA771F701D2.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 75
I hear you on humidity here lmao. The blower motor went out on my ac Thursday. Unfortunately for me I picked up the wrong model of the right series motor. Put a window unit in my bedroom to make it through the weekend until I can swap for the right motor. The rest of the house is 88° and hovering around 70% rh :eek: (windows open and a cple of rain showers today though.

I think I'm going to stick with a 5.0 until my plants fill in a bit to provide more shaded areas for my little guy to get some cover in.

Yes definitely I’m going for a panther. And the enclosure will have a minimum of 3 live plants . I live in South Florida where it’s always humid lol and I also need a Digital thermometer. Do you know if the mistking needs to be mounted ?
I just about picked most of the stuff just need vitamins and supplements not quite sure which one is the best, I have 4 plants picked out. Up above r the types but I think I’m going to do both the pothos the silver which has a really pretty silk feel and the Golden pothos so I guess 4 plants But I also need to figure out a drainage system hmmm.. so I need a new shelf, make holes to the bottom and a bin to catch the water is what I’m thinking of. Nothing on the bottom of the cage except for the plants unless I end up with a female by mistake thanks to hurricane Irma I have found loads of branches that I need to cut and bake. Im also thinking about this one gun but I can’t tell if it reads humidity in my dragon cage the humidity seems to always be on 65 evening without trying lol South Florida what can I say lol oh and the lighting I picked the 10.0 I hope I picked it right
im soo glad you got a hanging basket. They can be heavy but useing a fering strip which I had my husband cut and painted. Every easy to hang here is some pics. If you have any questions let me know.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Does the fering strip go on the screen? Wow and love yours I thought I had to use fishing line to hold it up. Monta what do u have on the walls ?? On the left and where can I get the bamboo wall on the back ? And yes lol we can’t live without ac here lol

Last edited:
Does the fering strip go on the screen? Wow and love yours I thought I had to use fishing line to hold it up. Monta what do u have on the walls ?? On the left and where can I get the bamboo wall on the back ? And yes lol we can’t live without ac here lol
Hi, The fering strips where cut to size to lay on the top metal cage frame . The strips don't touch the top screen at . Some use 2x4's , I think that less on the top is better for air flow. On the left is that plastic fencing you buy in a roll at Home Depot. My husband used this magnet, we used a ceiling swivel plant hook . This magnet holds 25 pounds .
image.jpg

Wow that cage is huge !!!!! And with the plastic fence wall were you able to attach branches? Also what brand of vitamins and supplements do you guys recommend? Only thing left on my list

Wow that cage is huge !!!!! And with the plastic fence wall were you able to attach branches? Also what brand of vitamins and supplements do you guys recommend? Only thing left on my list
Keep in the refrigerator, and dust your gutloaded crickets when you put them in the your Chameleons cage. So where are you getting your new baby from ? Make or female?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 65
Hmmm tbh I haven’t decided where I’m getting one from I know what type I what and I would like a male, I’m not sure I’m ready for a female. I know I want an ambanja. I would want one with as little red as possible. But since I want everything right, I need to make sure my enclosure is perfect for him.

Hmmm tbh I haven’t decided where I’m getting one from I know what type I what and I would like a male, I’m not sure I’m ready for a female. I know I want an ambanja. I would want one with as little red as possible. But since I want everything right, I need to make sure my enclosure is perfect for him.
Just between you and I....I wanted everything ready before his arrival . I even postponed his arrival date a week later cus I wasn't quite ready with the cage. I looked up a lot of companies that sell Panthers and I found that Kammerflage Chameleons Only out of California had the best website and their FB was outstanding . You know I had hundreds of questions being my first time, and Brieana was very helpful. I swear we where on our sell phones for over an hour and a half.lol
I just love her!. If I ever get back out to California I'm looking her up and we're have lunch together for sure. I didn't know when I joined this website that Chameleons Only Kammerflage was one of the sponsors here. Please checkout out their FB and see all the pics There gorgeous! .

I looked at them too and a few others. I like the fact that they guarantee the sex of their Chams. It’s tbh so hard to choose lol My biggest concern is so far away for shipping I live in South Florida. Second I really don’t like red lol a little bit is fine. Blues,yellow,green I have seen so many beautiful panthers. Lol lmao I guess I’m anti gingers lol I’m soo mean

Back
Top Bottom