need help please

Cindy

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? screened ,ft tall don't remember

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? repti glo uvb and 50 watt heat lamp

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking

spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps
basking spot is 93 to 98
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
50 to 60
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? yes

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your
room floor? spare bedroom

Location - Where are you geographically located? IL

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? female, 1 month
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? not often

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders. crickets are her main diet
I gave her butter worms and super a few times a month 1 are store bought
diet for the crickets

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? rep-cal with vit,d every
other feeding she eats every other day and rep-cal multivitamins once a month

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Drippier and I hand mist four times a day

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no and brown

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.OkAY
I took her to the vet on Thursday august 13 because we all most lost her on Sunday the do to dehydration thought she was drinking found her in the bottom
of her plant on her side got her out she was gasping put her in the shower
for 20 minutes she was good to go took her to the vet to have her check out
the vet gave her a clean bill of health she eat Thursday night moved her to own room Friday night she was stressed out from the move she was do to eat
Saturday night she would not eat thought she was still stressed normally she will eat from my hand she turn away and hissed at me oKay left her alone did
not push her to day i try ed again she still would not eat later I put five crickets in her cage normally she would hunt them down she just sat on her vine if they passed her she would eat it she left one when i was in her cage
doin the misting she normally runs from me she just sat there not normal
for her do you think she she is still stressed from the move would it cause to
to not eat right are do you think there mite be something else wrong
sorry for the long post just covering the base

What kind of UVB blub do you have? Is it coil?

What kind of chameleon do you have?

You need plain calcium at most feedingd and D3 only twice a month and the multi once a month is fine.

Your basking sounds way to hot. Sounds like you are cooking her.

rep glo not a coil
veild
the vet told me the basking temp should be bewteen 93 and 100
I was keep it at about 88

How old is she? If she's over 4 months, does she have a place to dig in the cage so that she can lay eggs if needed?

IMHO you should be dusting at most feedings with a phos.-free calcium powder....twice a month with a phos.-free calcium/D3 powder (as long as she's getting no direct sunlight)...and using the vitamin powder lightly twice a month.

Also, what do you gutload/feed your insects with?

she is nine months old yes i have a bin for her to lay eggs I feed crickets store bought
food an i make my own veggs and so fruit also are there any side effecfs to her some getting to much vit D3

D3 from exposure to UVB won't likely cause an overdose as along as the chameleon can move out of the UVB...but D3 from supplements is ready to go and can build up in the system. I only supplement lightly twice a month to ensure that the chameleon gets some D3 and then the rest of it is hopefully produced by its exposure to the UVB fluorescent bulb.

"Excessive vitamin D3 supplementation can result in organ toxicity (gular edema)metastatic calcification, gout, and pseudo-gout (calcium-like deposit)"...
http://www.seavs.com/case_studies/lizards/chameleons.asp

"In reptiles, too much vitamin D added to the diet leads to hypervitaminosis-D, which causes kidney damage, calcification of the soft tissues, including the major blood vessels, and premature death.42

However, hypervitaminosis-D is not known to occur in basking reptiles (or any other species) obtaining their vitamin D from sunlight, regardless of how long they bask.23 This is because there are inbuilt safety mechanisms preventing overproduction of vitamin D in the skin."...
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/vitdpathway.htm

Back
Top Bottom