Need help picking plants

Jodieflower

Hello! I’m starting to plan getting a chameleon and have got all the supplies noted down.. except plants. I’m not really sure which are best to use or how many I need. I’ve seen some people have a big centre plant with branches around it too for coverage and some people have a bunch of them. I’d prefer plants that don’t need extra lights to grow other than the normal heat and uvb just to cut down on some more light costs but if I really need a light for them then I can, that’s still fine.

I’m hoping to get a ZooMed ReptiBreeze Screen Cage X-Large 61x61x122cm if that helps. Not sure how many will fit in there yet.

Thanks for helping☘️💚

That is a great guide you found! Chameleon academy is great to learn a bunch of things. Don’t hesitate to look around that site also. This forum, Neptune the chameleon videos, and the chameleon academy are priceless resources!!
Welcome to the forum!!!
Thanks! Yeah, I’m so happy to find that site and I’ve watched a few videos about how to feed them from that channel too :)

You will save money on plants in the long run if you get a LED plant light. It isn't very power hungry and you won't have to replace as many dead plants.
Oh that’s good then! I didn’t know they were LED so I thought they took up a lot of power, my bad. Are there any you would recommend if you don’t mind me asking?

I have older fixtures that I replaced the fluorescent bulbs with LED. Since you are starting fresh you will be able to just buy a LED set. Don't get anything with red LED's is all I can tell you. Others will have more current suggestions.

Oh that’s good then! I didn’t know they were LED so I thought they took up a lot of power, my bad. Are there any you would recommend if you don’t mind me asking?
I can't think of anything that isn't covered in the Chameleon Academy, it's the newest and best site available IMO. The Chameleon Enthusiast is also a great group on Facebook. For plant lights I like the Jungle Dawn LED bars by Arcadia.

I can't think of anything that isn't covered in the Chameleon Academy, it's the newest and best site available IMO. The Chameleon Enthusiast is also a great group on Facebook. For plant lights I like the Jungle Dawn LED bars by Arcadia.
I’ve just put the jungle dawn on my list of stuff to buy! It looks like a good one

Another thing I found to be super helpful with plants atleast to where I lived is a fogger at night, increasing high humidity at night really help my plants to flourish

Oh, also I usually let the plant root itself for about 1 week to a month after moving it to a new pot/area. Just to make sure that can have a strong root structure to hold some of the chameleon's weight depending on the species you are getting.

If you don't wash your plants, especially home depot ones, you will find a variety of pests including fungus gnats, scale, small millipedes, slugs, worms, and snails, and others.

Back
Top Bottom