Need help on cage size please!!!

Rinnegannagato

Hi I'm new in these forums and I would just like to get some advice before I order a screen cage for my chameleon. I'm planning on buying a baby/juvenile veiled chameleon, I would like to know what would be a good size for the chameleon? I'm currently thinking about a reptibreeze 16x16x30 or a reptibreeze 18x18x36. I think that the 18x18x36 might be too large for now but I'm not sure :/ can someone please help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. Also I might order the chameleon on the internet, what would be a good reliable/ trustworthy website where I can buy my pet from? Also some website where the chameleons grow up to have beautiful colors please :) I would also enjoy seeing your chameleons. If you do show a picture could you tell me where you bought it? :) thank you!

If you are going to get a baby under 3 or 4 months, I recommend that you use 16x16x30 to start off, then move up to the 24x24x48 big cage when they are ready, which is pretty much when they can find their food in such a large cage. As for buying a chameleon, we have many wonderful sponsors with chameleons for sale. Unfortunately, though, it is harder to find a good Veiled breeder vs Panther. I know that FL Chams have Veileds, and I am sure some of the other sponsors do too. I personally prefer smaller breeders. I bought my Veiled, Emoji, from Curly Tail Reptile. His father, Jake, is gorgeous and Emoji is as well. If you go to the website, you can see a picture of Emoji's father: http://www.curlytail.co

And here are some photos of Emoji :D :

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Vin, our panther, is 2 months and the 16 x 16 x 30 ReptiBreeze enclosure has been perfect! Just small enough so that she isn't completely overwhelmed but just large enough to allow room for growth, plants, vines, feeding cup, etc.!

I started my panther in the 18X18X36 and he had no problem getting food at 3 months old. I threw them in and he ate like a mad man. They grow so fast you will be purchasing his forever home before you know it.

Good luck ;)

If you are going to get a baby under 3 or 4 months, I recommend that you use 16x16x30 to start off, then move up to the 24x24x48 big cage when they are ready, which is pretty much when they can find their food in such a large cage. As for buying a chameleon, we have many wonderful sponsors with chameleons for sale. Unfortunately, though, it is harder to find a good Veiled breeder vs Panther. I know that FL Chams have Veileds, and I am sure some of the other sponsors do too. I personally prefer smaller breeders. I bought my Veiled, Emoji, from Curly Tail Reptile. His father, Jake, is gorgeous and Emoji is as well. If you go to the website, you can see a picture of Emoji's father: http://www.curlytail.co

And here are some photos of Emoji :D :

View attachment 109788

View attachment 109789

View attachment 109790

Amazing chameleon you have !!! Jake is also a beauty! How much did you buy emoji for? I checked out the website and it seems the total would be 110?

Amazing chameleon you have !!! Jake is also a beauty! How much did you buy emoji for? I checked out the website and it seems the total would be 110?

I payed $85 dollars at that time. $35 for Emoji hand $50 shipping. I believe the price has changed since then, though.

Back
Top Bottom