Need help getting Monsoon on a timer

dinomom

Established Member
I got it before I knew about all the problems-will be getting a Mist King for large enclosure but this will get passed to small enclosure so I still need to use it. . For the life of me I can't complete the simple task of getting it to come on automatically at 7 AM and 7PM for 5-6 minutes.

I can make it work by putting it in "on" position and hooking to a regular push button timer. The problem with those is that the minimum run time is 15 minutes, which is too long.

When I connect to a digital timer, left in on position, it will come on for a second at the appointed time and go right back off and switch itself to the intermittent setting.

I think the unit is trying to be "smart" with it's automatic settings, but I feel like I have tried every configuration and can't crack the code.

I know someone must have figured this out and I sure would appreciate knowing what settings to put the machine on and how to do this.

I'm doing it manually now which is no problem, unless if I had to work late and then cam gets no water that's not acceptable. Thank you!

cruz.m

Avid Member
I got it before I knew about all the problems-will be getting a Mist King for large enclosure but this will get passed to small enclosure so I still need to use it. . For the life of me I can't complete the simple task of getting it to come on automatically at 7 AM and 7PM for 5-6 minutes.

I can make it work by putting it in "on" position and hooking to a regular push button timer. The problem with those is that the minimum run time is 15 minutes, which is too long.

When I connect to a digital timer, left in on position, it will come on for a second at the appointed time and go right back off and switch itself to the intermittent setting.

I think the unit is trying to be "smart" with it's automatic settings, but I feel like I have tried every configuration and can't crack the code.

I know someone must have figured this out and I sure would appreciate knowing what settings to put the machine on and how to do this.

I'm doing it manually now which is no problem, unless if I had to work late and then cam gets no water that's not acceptable. Thank you!
Well I don’t own one but I’ve read a couple threads on it before. Like you mentioned you can get an automatic timer and plug it in and set it up. Keep the monsoon on “on” and see if it works appropriately but you said you’re having problems with that...What type of timer are you using? It’s definitely an issue for lots of people which is why Mist Kings are better! You can connect several nozzles (up to 10) with the mist king as well and have it run through both cages maybe? Or are they in different locations?

dinomom

Established Member
Well I don’t own one but I’ve read a couple threads on it before. Like you mentioned you can get an automatic timer and plug it in and set it up. Keep the monsoon on “on” and see if it works appropriately but you said you’re having problems with that...What type of timer are you using? It’s definitely an issue for lots of people which is why Mist Kings are better! You can connect several nozzles (up to 10) with the mist king as well and have it run through both cages maybe? Or are they in different locations?
Thank you; can't share as chams are in different areas due to temp (one veiled and one montane)

If only...what you described would work.

Timers are BN-Link one that you push down the pins for on time, and the other digital which allows for 8 settings of any duration. Both of these work great running foggers, lights, etc.

And, the Monsoon itself does not seem to have any issues; it is just a matter of some configuration of the settings that I am doing wrong.

Top Bottom