Need help getting Monsoon on a timer

dinomom

Chameleon Enthusiast
I got it before I knew about all the problems-will be getting a Mist King for large enclosure but this will get passed to small enclosure so I still need to use it. . For the life of me I can't complete the simple task of getting it to come on automatically at 7 AM and 7PM for 5-6 minutes.

I can make it work by putting it in "on" position and hooking to a regular push button timer. The problem with those is that the minimum run time is 15 minutes, which is too long.

When I connect to a digital timer, left in on position, it will come on for a second at the appointed time and go right back off and switch itself to the intermittent setting.

I think the unit is trying to be "smart" with it's automatic settings, but I feel like I have tried every configuration and can't crack the code.

I know someone must have figured this out and I sure would appreciate knowing what settings to put the machine on and how to do this.

I'm doing it manually now which is no problem, unless if I had to work late and then cam gets no water that's not acceptable. Thank you!

I got it before I knew about all the problems-will be getting a Mist King for large enclosure but this will get passed to small enclosure so I still need to use it. . For the life of me I can't complete the simple task of getting it to come on automatically at 7 AM and 7PM for 5-6 minutes.

I can make it work by putting it in "on" position and hooking to a regular push button timer. The problem with those is that the minimum run time is 15 minutes, which is too long.

When I connect to a digital timer, left in on position, it will come on for a second at the appointed time and go right back off and switch itself to the intermittent setting.

I think the unit is trying to be "smart" with it's automatic settings, but I feel like I have tried every configuration and can't crack the code.

I know someone must have figured this out and I sure would appreciate knowing what settings to put the machine on and how to do this.

I'm doing it manually now which is no problem, unless if I had to work late and then cam gets no water that's not acceptable. Thank you!
Well I don’t own one but I’ve read a couple threads on it before. Like you mentioned you can get an automatic timer and plug it in and set it up. Keep the monsoon on “on” and see if it works appropriately but you said you’re having problems with that...What type of timer are you using? It’s definitely an issue for lots of people which is why Mist Kings are better! You can connect several nozzles (up to 10) with the mist king as well and have it run through both cages maybe? Or are they in different locations?

Well I don’t own one but I’ve read a couple threads on it before. Like you mentioned you can get an automatic timer and plug it in and set it up. Keep the monsoon on “on” and see if it works appropriately but you said you’re having problems with that...What type of timer are you using? It’s definitely an issue for lots of people which is why Mist Kings are better! You can connect several nozzles (up to 10) with the mist king as well and have it run through both cages maybe? Or are they in different locations?
Thank you; can't share as chams are in different areas due to temp (one veiled and one montane)

If only...what you described would work.

Timers are BN-Link one that you push down the pins for on time, and the other digital which allows for 8 settings of any duration. Both of these work great running foggers, lights, etc.

And, the Monsoon itself does not seem to have any issues; it is just a matter of some configuration of the settings that I am doing wrong.

Thank you; can't share as chams are in different areas due to temp (one veiled and one montane)

If only...what you described would work.

Timers are BN-Link one that you push down the pins for on time, and the other digital which allows for 8 settings of any duration. Both of these work great running foggers, lights, etc.

And, the Monsoon itself does not seem to have any issues; it is just a matter of some configuration of the settings that I am doing wrong.
Hiya!

Did you manage to figure out a way to configure your mistking?

I’m currently trying to set one up and have the same challenge as you with the timing cycles.

Any pointers would be amazing!

katy :)

Hiya!

Did you manage to figure out a way to configure your mistking?

I’m currently trying to set one up and have the same challenge as you with the timing cycles.

Any pointers would be amazing!

katy :)
Do you mean the Monsoon?

Unfortunately I found out it will not operate when on a timer. The problem is that the max "on" time is 2 minutes.

Now I have it on a smaller enclosure and it goes for 2 minutes every 12 hours which is enough for this cage and this small cham who drinks readily. But just wouldn't work for a veiled or panther :(

Yes I meant monsoon, sorry! Haven’t had a coffee today!

Ah bummer, I was hoping someone had managed to hack the timer system. Thank you for replying anyway - and if I find anything that works I will let you know :)

Following with interest. I have a monsoon solo that I will be using on a 2x2x4 screened enclosure that I will be retro fitting as a hybrid. I am coming to the conclusion I will eventually have to get a mistking or climist. Once the enclosure is set up I plan to have it run for a month or two and check parameters to get an idea what temperature and humidity will be like. Hopefully the monsoon will fit that bill at least temporarily. If I come across any info I will certainly pass it on.

Mine comes with an integrated preset timer.
Monsoon Solo
I do every 4 hours
30 secs sessions.

keeps my humidity at 60% daytime.
Yes integrated but max is two minutes. And my internal timer drifts like 10 mins later every day so I periodically unplug and replug at the appointed hour say 7 pm

Yes integrated but max is two minutes. And my internal timer drifts like 10 mins later every day so I periodically unplug and replug at the appointed hour say 7 pm
How do you configure it so that the humidity is high at night but not too high during the day? As it doesn’t have a 24hr clock?

The room my guy is in has 50% humidity baseline so it doesn’t need much misting during the day, but it needs boosting at night which is where I get stuck.

(I know the mistking is best and I will inevitably buy one but I got given the monsoon when I adopted him, I was planning to use it until it breaks so it isn’t wasted!)

thank you for your help! :)

How do you configure it so that the humidity is high at night but not too high during the day? As it doesn’t have a 24hr clock?

The room my guy is in has 50% humidity baseline so it doesn’t need much misting during the day, but it needs boosting at night which is where I get stuck.

(I know the mistking is best and I will inevitably buy one but I got given the monsoon when I adopted him, I was planning to use it until it breaks so it isn’t wasted!)

Generally we mist before or just after lights go off, during midnight and before or after lights go on, when the temperatures have dropped. This will raise the humidity, during daytime we dry out the enclosures. 50% during daytime should be good enough, as long you can peak to 70 till 100% at night.

I think it needs to be on ON and you need to put CYCLE on OFF (just pressing the button, when operating) and then just cut the power. Otherwise he takes the timing set in there. It needs to work, because I used it before with a timer, however it need to solely on ON and the rest needs to be turned off.

Generally we mist before or just after lights go off, during midnight and before or after lights go on, when the temperatures have dropped. This will raise the humidity, during daytime we dry out the enclosures. 50% during daytime should be good enough, as long you can peak to 70 till 100% at night.
Yes that’s the schedule I’m aiming for! Just struggling to find a way to get it to come on at midnight without it also coming on a midday.

I’ll try the external timer method you just described below. I take it that was a digital timer?

Thank you for your time!

Yes that’s the schedule I’m aiming for! Just struggling to find a way to get it to come on at midnight without it also coming on a midday.

I’ll try the external timer method you just described below. I take it that was a digital timer?

Thank you for your time!
No props. Personally only using the digital timers, because I hate the ticking noise of analogue ones.

Assuming you owning also a Monsoon? As described it should work, as long as don´t shut it off, you need cut the power supply and then plug it in your timer, he´ll take it over.

Good luck, if any troubles let me know.

I have a monsoon also. Still setting everything up and that's why I'm following this thread. Just wondering since you said your baseline humidity is 50% could you mist hand mist in the morning, then again when you get home from work, and then just use the monsoon for overnight misting to keep the evening humidity up? Just brainstorming.

I think it needs to be on ON and you need to put CYCLE on OFF (just pressing the button, when operating) and then just cut the power. Otherwise he takes the timing set in there. It needs to work, because I used it before with a timer, however it need to solely on ON and the rest needs to be turned off.
OK so I tried that exact thing which of course makes sense and it would not work.

OK so I tried that exact thing which of course makes sense and it would not work.
🤔 it does actually sounds like cycle timer (internally) is working, because 120 seconds is the maximum mist time you can give it. Do you have old or newer version?

🤔 it does actually sounds like cycle timer (internally) is working, because 120 seconds is the maximum mist time you can give it. Do you have old or newer version?
Older one. I am using it without a timer of course, and yes the internal timer is working. It is just that if I set it for say 7 and 7, the next day it will do 7:05 and by the end of the week 7:15 LOL. so I just unplug and replug at the time I want it to go back to (7) once every week or two.

I had the newer version. And I read cases of flooding their enclosure by accidentally switch it to ON without the timer or cycle.

The time accuracy is another issue, true!

Back
Top Bottom