NEED help!! Extremely dehydrated Chameleon

mbarn11

My friend recently rescued a chameleon she saw for sale online who looked like she needed a ton of help!! Sadly she nor I know anything about fixing a chameleon :// I give it to her for trying! So she gave me the female chameleon since I have some experience...
But help is needed! I can't afford to go to the vet at this time. I've only had her for 2 days and she's in the worst possible condition. I've been giving her pedialyte through a syringe and she still has the slightest bit of energy to catch her own dubias. Today has taken a bad turn, she barely moves, she honestly looks dead. I blended together carrots, cucumbers, dubias, the slightest bit of calcium powder, and pedialyte and tried to give her that through a syringe! Please help! I don't know how to revive a chameleon so far gone.

Attachments

• IMG_4337.JPG
    IMG_4337.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4338.JPG
    IMG_4338.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 136
She's going to die if she hasn't already, honestly I am all for trying to rescue and I have turned around some hard cases but she is far too gone. I am so sorry sweetie, just let her pass in peace.

I'm sorry to say but I agree with Andee. I honestly thought your pictures where of a cham that had already passed.

Just try to make her as comfortable as possible so she can have some peace in her final moments. Or if you can stand to, end her suffering your self.

I'm so sad for you both!! I'm so sorry hun!!

Maybe you should take detailed pictures so you can report her previous owner to animal control. IMO that is a very clear case of abuse and neglect, and I think they should be reported in case they have other animals. You could not save her but by reporting it maybe you can save the life of another animal.

Thank you for all the kind words and advice. It's a shame such wonderful creatures have to be rescued... she's currently still somewhat alive but slowly going. It's a sad day. I'll try to track down her previous owner and definitely report!

It's sad and hard when you reach them too late. I have had to put down a couple immediately or several days after I have gotten them just because it was just... obvious they wouldn't make it. If it were possible to do anything I could have probably given you some ideas to do some home care until you were able to somehow find someone or find a way to get her in. Just breathe and remember it wasn't your fault at all.

Thank you for all the kind words and advice. It's a shame such wonderful creatures have to be rescued... she's currently still somewhat alive but slowly going. It's a sad day. I'll try to track down her previous owner and definitely report!
How is she doing now?

Back
Top Bottom