Need help asap

frythecham

I’ve had my Cham for a little over a week and today I’ve noticed mold growing on one of my pothos’ soil.I need to remove him in order to get the plant out I’m just having trouble figuring out how without stressing him out

The plant in question has been circled

Attachments

• D1B4C786-40EB-4E81-B80E-9D154704525C.jpeg
    D1B4C786-40EB-4E81-B80E-9D154704525C.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 29
What size is that cage? When you replant the pothos try to give it a good drainage level, so it doesn't hold to much water. @SteveH is right about the box. You could also put on a free-range plant, if possible. You just have to watch him/her so they don't run off.

Consider removing the pothos on the bottom... It is going to take the brunt of the water but also it is going to make wiping out the bottom panel much harder. Pothos do better in a higher position since they vine.

What size is that cage? When you replant the pothos try to give it a good drainage level, so it doesn't hold to much water. @SteveH is right about the box. You could also put on a free-range plant, if possible. You just have to watch him/her so they don't run
It’s a 16x16x30. I’m planning to do a custom build soon so it will be much larger. I was able to get the plant out without removing him and replacing with another pothos I had on hand…I may get a plant stand for now because I don’t know that the screen would hold up the weight of the plant unless I get dragon ledges. I do also have plants on either side of his enclosure he just hasn’t been quick to come out quite yet . Thanks for the help it’s much appreciated!

Put a couple of branches in a box or tote and cover with a towel so it's dark and he will probably go to sleep. The pothos I would replant in all new organic soil.
I tried to use a branch with a great worm to get him to climb on but he just walked away most of the time. He wasn’t too stressed just more cautious than anything. I just didn’t want to force him out by grabbing him and have him get super stressed but all worked out in the end

It’s a 16x16x30. I’m planning to do a custom build soon so it will be much larger. I was able to get the plant out without removing him and replacing with another pothos I had on hand…I may get a plant stand for now because I don’t know that the screen would hold up the weight of the plant unless I get dragon ledges. I do also have plants on either side of his enclosure he just hasn’t been quick to come out quite yet . Thanks for the help it’s much appreciated!
No problem at all. This forum is great to learn from.

Back
Top Bottom