**NEED HELP ASAP**

Yes and my humidity is perfect. Went over it with my vet. No I am not just holding back for my "pride"s sake. Please read my earlier forums so you can understand her situation rather of throwing accusations about.
We understand your situation perfectly, I can almost guarantee that every member here who VOLUNTARILY took the time to help you pulled your history before responding. I know Kristen and I did. I was working behind the scenes to help you well after you told me to pretty much F-off.

That’s what we do here, whatever it takes to help the Cham. Even if the owner is being an arrogant idiot begging for help while still thinking they know better than us. We’re protecting your Cham from your own stupidity whether you know it or not.

You do this in every thread, you beg for help and when it arrives you refuse to give your rescuers the info needed to help you(while we expect nothing in return for our services) and insist your husbandry is perfect.

I’m sure your going to scream that your husbandry had nothing to do with her illness and that it’s all the previous keepers fault. What your not getting is that small husbandry mistakes can and do amplify pre-existing conditions which you’ve admitted your Cham has.

Swallow your pride.
Lose the attitude.
Gracefully accept the constructive criticism.
Your Cham depends on it.

CDF748A7-691D-4E24-B1FC-F072CCC00EA4.jpeg

I don’t know if @Kristen Wilkins would be ok if you pm’d her with your filled out help form, if you prefer not to post it publicly.

No I meant that as is there a reason to fill it out as I went over it with my vet and he says all ok. I've no reason to hide it from posting publicly as it's all correct I'll post it once I get a chance as I am out at the moment
We understand your situation perfectly, I can almost guarantee that every member here who VOLUNTARILY took the time to help you pulled your history before responding. I know Kristen and I did. I was working behind the scenes to help you well after you told me to pretty much F-off.

That’s what we do here, whatever it takes to help the Cham. Even if the owner is being an arrogant idiot begging for help while still thinking they know better than us. We’re protecting your Cham from your own stupidity whether you know it or not.

You do this in every thread, you beg for help and when it arrives you refuse to give your rescuers the info needed to help you(while we expect nothing in return for our services) and insist your husbandry is perfect.

I’m sure your going to scream that your husbandry had nothing to do with her illness and that it’s all the previous keepers fault. What your not getting is that small husbandry mistakes can and do amplify pre-existing conditions which you’ve admitted your Cham has.

Swallow your pride.
Lose the attitude.
Gracefully accept the constructive criticism.
Your Cham depends on it.

View attachment 244078

I never said they were perfect..I just said I went over it with my vet this morning and he said all grand so just thought there's no reason on filling out the form. No chameleon owner is perfect, my vet tweaked one thing in my routine so now she's on a good path. Suggesting that I believe every thing I do is "perfect" is hurtful. No I have not disagreed with everybody on my threads when I couldn't find a word for misting somebody corrected me and I said that is the word I was looking for. On that day I was in work so was just skimming through a thread.

Everything you have said has disheartend me to looking for help on this page when I have issues. One woman on this thread was extremely helpful and on other threads.

No I meant that as is there a reason to fill it out as I went over it with my vet and he says all ok. I've no reason to hide it from posting publicly as it's all correct I'll post it once I get a chance as I am out at the moment

I never said they were perfect..I just said I went over it with my vet this morning and he said all grand so just thought there's no reason on filling out the form. No chameleon owner is perfect, my vet tweaked one thing in my routine so now she's on a good path. Suggesting that I believe every thing I do is "perfect" is hurtful. No I have not disagreed with everybody on my threads when I couldn't find a word for misting somebody corrected me and I said that is the word I was looking for. On that day I was in work so was just skimming through a thread.

Everything you have said has disheartend me to looking for help on this page when I have issues. One woman on this thread was extremely helpful and on other threads.
Suggesting that I am putting my pride before Karma honestly hurt me. She is my wee world I take so much pride in bringing her back, with the way she is compared to the way she was of course I am going to be defensive when somebody suggests it is my fault..no it is not. It was an RI that was shaken as fast as we'd hoped but now she has antibiotics to get it sorted and the vet told me when I first took her "Not to get your wee hopes up on her getting better" it was that bad. Luckily she did, so of course when somebody suggests I should put my pride aside and see my errors of course I am going to take offense. I was in a bad state this morning a I had the worst of the worst in my head this morning and to see people saying it may be my fault, i was in tears doubting myself! I went into full shutdown and blame of myself but my vet has said she's doing SO much better than she was so that is what I will listen too. Please take a different approach next time. You have no idea how the person/persons is feeling/going through behind a screen.

Suggesting that I am putting my pride before Karma honestly hurt me. She is my wee world I take so much pride in bringing her back, with the way she is compared to the way she was of course I am going to be defensive when somebody suggests it is my fault..no it is not. It was an RI that was shaken as fast as we'd hoped but now she has antibiotics to get it sorted and the vet told me when I first took her "Not to get your wee hopes up on her getting better" it was that bad. Luckily she did, so of course when somebody suggests I should put my pride aside and see my errors of course I am going to take offense. I was in a bad state this morning a I had the worst of the worst in my head this morning and to see people saying it may be my fault, i was in tears doubting myself! I went into full shutdown and blame of myself but my vet has said she's doing SO much better than she was so that is what I will listen too. Please take a different approach next time. You have no idea how the person/persons is feeling/going through behind a screen.
I've been following this thread since its opening and havent felt a need to reiterate what has already been said, except for now. I think the reason there is tension here is because of this post exactly. Most of the keepers are not here to coddle to the emotions of the keeper. They are here to save sick chameleons. So while it would be great if we could do both at the same time, if we had to choose between making a keeper feel good and saving a chams life, we are going to choose the later. I think that is where the disconnect is happening here. And as someone who has saved a cham from prior neglect, I am sure that you can see the important of this.

I've been following this thread since its opening and havent felt a need to reiterate what has already been said, except for now. I think the reason there is tension here is because of this post exactly. Most of the keepers are not here to coddle to the emotions of the keeper. They are here to save sick chameleons. So while it would be great if we could do both at the same time, if we had to choose between making a keeper feel good and saving a chams life, we are going to choose the later. I think that is where the disconnect is happening here. And as someone who has saved a cham from prior neglect, I am sure that you can see the important of this.

I 100% agree I shouldn't of said some of the things I said the night I saw she was sick I broke down in tears and thought the worst, unfortunatly I took that out on some people as my emmotions were running extremely high (I think of her as my baby and the fact she was ill again and people were saying it's my fault etc etc I became vety defensive I had in my head last night if she passes it's my fault, luckily my vet changed that! ) some people weren't acknowledgeding the fact I have had her 2/half months and the 10-11 months she has been alive has been hell from day dot so I went into defensive mode as I didnt want to explain her whole situation. I am sorry to those I have offended butI hope you see why I wentoff on one....

I 100% agree I shouldn't of said some of the things I said the night I saw she was sick I broke down in tears and thought the worst, unfortunatly I took that out on some people as my emmotions were running extremely high (I think of her as my baby and the fact she was ill again and people were saying it's my fault etc etc I became vety defensive I had in my head last night if she passes it's my fault, luckily my vet changed that! ) some people weren't acknowledgeding the fact I have had her 2/half months and the 10-11 months she has been alive has been hell from day dot so I went into defensive mode as I didnt want to explain her whole situation. I am sorry to those I have offended butI hope you see why I wentoff on one....
You are forgiven. Just cooperate next time, that’s all we ask for in return.

The issue is that no one actually said it's their fault. They questioned some of the aspects of your care to better understand the situation of your chan. You confused their questioning for blame.
How is anyone supposed to offer support or advice if they dont know how the cham is being cared for, and how are they to know if they do not ask questions? And how can you expect to recieve advice if you also do not want to provide any details? Chameleons are very fragile and specific reptiles, the whole situation is necessary to be able to precisely diagnose possible issues. The smallest thing can cause the biggest problems.
When people spoke of your "pride" they were exactly speaking of your refusal or reluctance to provide information on your care. No one is perfect. No one, and I mean no one, know the exact proper way to care for a chameleon. We are all still learning every single day. Everyone makes mistakes in this hobby, but we cant fix them and learn from them unless we are open and honest with each other. That's where your problems arose.

The issue is that no one actually said it's their fault. They questioned some of the aspects of your care to better understand the situation of your chan. You confused their questioning for blame.
How is anyone supposed to offer support or advice if they dont know how the cham is being cared for, and how are they to know if they do not ask questions? And how can you expect to recieve advice if you also do not want to provide any details? Chameleons are very fragile and specific reptiles, the whole situation is necessary to be able to precisely diagnose possible issues. The smallest thing can cause the biggest problems.
When people spoke of your "pride" they were exactly speaking of your refusal or reluctance to provide information on your care. No one is perfect. No one, and I mean no one, know the exact proper way to care for a chameleon. We are all still learning every single day. Everyone makes mistakes in this hobby, but we cant fix them and learn from them unless we are open and honest with each other. That's where your problems arose.

I am sorry for all said. Refusing to give "information" was just because I had went over it all with my exotic vet and he said "All grand" I just didn't want to jump into detail as I'd went over it with a secretary and 2 vets plus people were saying this and that I was genuinely doubting myself and just broke down but now she's on the right path I am apologising for everything. It was just a breaknown as I thought this was "it" with her...luckily I've made a very good friend who I have been communicating with today who is teaching me slowly. If it wasn't for me Karma (she was nameless when I bought her as they couldn't of cared if she lived or died) would be dead, if not suffering..the pain she went through was....awful!

I just need to say that I took my chameleon to an exotic vet who has a history with chameleon care and he had me giving my girl far too much vitamin d under a 10.0 light to the point that she developed an Edema. He He has treated all my other animals for years and I adore him---but it became clear he was wrong--and I was able to tell him why his advise didnt work for me.

The reason I say this is because if you stick around here long enough you will see lots of exotic vets give piss poor advice that they really think is the right thing to do. Please--please fill out the help form as keepers here have pointed out my errors and helped make my girl healthy and happy.

Last edited:
I just need to say that I took my chameleon to an exotic vet who has a history with chameleon care and he had me giving my girl far too much vitamin d under a 10.0 light to the point that she developed an Edema. He He has treated all my other animals for years and I adore him---but it became clear he was wrong--and I was able to tell him why his advise didnt work for me.

The reason I say this is because if you stick around her long enough you will see lots of exotic vets give piss poor advice that they really think is the right thing to do. Please--please fill out the help form as keepers here have pointed out my errors and helped make my girl healthy and happy.
Yeah I had an exotic vet with “chameleon experience” ripe stuck shed over a thermal burn and tell me me female would die if I didn’t get surgery to remove her eggs. Took me three vets to find one who actually knew what he was talking about and didn’t want to rush surgery, thank Thor because she laid her eggs a week later just fine but she will never grow he back spikes back unfortunately

Just a note on antibiotic therapy. There are two common ways to chose appropriate antibiotics. The common way is to pick one that works in most cases and start with it hoping the bacteria is not resistant to that drug. The best way is to get a culture of the infection prior to starting antibiotics and then do a sensitivity that will determine the best antibiotic that the infection is not resistant to and use that.
The first approach is used in an attempt to save the client money or not stress the pet but it can lead to reinfection if the antibiotic chosen just knocks the infection down and doesn't eliminate it. If a culture is not done you really have to watch the pet closely for a lack of response to the antibiotic and you have to be ready to contact your vet and get a second antibiotic and expect to treat longer. Don't hesitate to call your vet back if you don't think your pet is improving or you see any relapse.

Back
Top Bottom