Need Help ASAP

I just took her outside to get some unadulterated UVB and she perked right up. Loveliest colors I've ever seen on her. Super complacent. And when I tried to put her back on her branch, she started walking back up my arm. Right now, she's resting as she usually would on her branch.
YAY wonderful . Often there's lots of cage aggression . It's their territory and NO ONE is allowed in their Territory lol :rolleyes:. The natural uvb is so good for chameleons . Hopefully she will start to associate being out of her territory with having sun time:love: . Just keep handling her if not she may revert. I know lots of keepers do not agree with that but I believe they get used to their care giver , form trust and that's the key trusting their Human keeper . The littlest thing can brake the trust .

@Kristen Wilkins I think most people agree that chameleons can build trust. The problem is people confuse chameleons running on them(trying to escape) or freezing out of terror in your hand for them liking us. There are definitely chams that enjoy us for whatever reason, but handling is always going to stress to some degree. It depends on what kind of stress whether it's just light stimulation or complete terror. Some chameleons will completely submit because they're having a stress overload and can't escape. You see this kind of thing in vet's offices. My cats even do it.

@Valcakey I apologize for being a bit hard on you. I'm glad to see you're doing everything you can. I wish you and your cham the best. If you stick around here for awhile you'll see why some of us get annoyed. There are stickies, care sheets, etc that people refuse to read (not saying you), almost on a daily basis people come on here yelling for help, but refuse to fill out the help form or apply any of the tough advice they get. IMO every person should fill out the health clinic sticky form to make sure our husbandry is on point. ALL of us need to change things in the beginning. It's also just a courtesy, people are taking time to help out, it's rude to not even give them the information to do that. Imagine asking a friend to help you with something, but giving them no details on whatever it is.

Not directing this at you, just helping you understand why I came off the way I did. Fortunately you seem to be a keeper that cares and wants to learn. Goodluck!

@jamest0o0 It's no problem. I'm just the kind of person who naturally gets defensive when I'm flat out told I'm doing something wrong and not being intelligent. I expect everyone to be nice to me because I can't handle the confrontation, but that's absolutely not how the world works. I'm sorry for cursing at you and rejecting your attempt at help. However, I am still unaware of where the stickies are...

@Kristen Wilkins I think most people agree that chameleons can build trust. The problem is people confuse chameleons running on them(trying to escape) or freezing out of terror in your hand for them liking us. There are definitely chams that enjoy us for whatever reason, but handling is always going to stress to some degree. It depends on what kind of stress whether it's just light stimulation or complete terror. Some chameleons will completely submit because they're having a stress overload and can't escape. You see this kind of thing in vet's offices. My cats even do it.
Agreed and that where one needs to know their chameleon and their stress level. Handling is so very controversial . Some handle and some never do and won't ever .

Last edited:
@jamest0o0 It's no problem. I'm just the kind of person who naturally gets defensive when I'm flat out told I'm doing something wrong and not being intelligent. I expect everyone to be nice to me because I can't handle the confrontation, but that's absolutely not how the world works. I'm sorry for cursing at you and rejecting your attempt at help. However, I am still unaware of where the stickies are...
We all also handling things different (stress) . One does not know what's going on in others life . I'm not saying that's an excuse to be rude here . I just try to be kind and helpful ,if I can't help I try and get someone whom can help . @jamest0o0 i get it I've even been impatient I try not to be but it happens .

If you still don't know sweetie, their trachea opening is actually underneath their tongue. It's easier for then to seper ate if you don't put it all the way back in her throat. Though they sometime may do a gagging like sign it never happens with me. Just do it quickly and then leave her alone for at least 30 minutes so she can settle down.

If you still don't know sweetie, their trachea opening is actually underneath their tongue. It's easier for then to seper ate if you don't put it all the way back in her throat. Though they sometime may do a gagging like sign it never happens with me. Just do it quickly and then leave her alone for at least 30 minutes so she can settle down.

Sounds good. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom