Need help after being out of the loop! (supplies)

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Okay, after Jann recommended I adopt from ChamEO, I realize I need to have my enclosure up and running before I can adopt or take my shot at adopting.

Can anyone help me out? I'm very out of the loop since it's been around a year since I did any chamshopping.

I need help finding what is considered "good" UVB bulbs, specifically which brands are good for chameleons as of late? I forget the brand names and therefore am having a hard time shopping for these things.

What I have so far
-24x24x48 screen cage
-drainage
-mistking all set up still.
-everything is disinfected from when my chameleon passed.
-some branches
-ficus that will probably not fit in the cage, so...?
-timers for lights and mistking

what I need
-18'' uvb bulb and fixture, hopefully you can help me find one that's good? I'm looking to adopt a veiled/purchase
-heat fixtures (I have huge boxes full of light bulbs. no problem there)
-to make a new cover for around the cage (protect my room from mist damage). the cover I currently have is waterspotted and gross looking. I normally use a plastic shower cover and make it into a cover for the cage 3 sides.
-possibly a backing for the cage so I can plant pothos inside? (this will be DIY)
-(NEED HELP/RECOMMENDATIONS) temperature and humidity gauges! before I adopt /buy I'd like to get some nice gauges, does anyone have any good recommendations? I need one for both temperature and humidity that are accurate / not dials

Let me know if I am forgetting something : )

If you're looking to splurge a bit, I would recommend getting a lighting setup by Light Your Reptiles. Amazing light quality. Before I lost my Ferds, I bought a dual fixture with one Arcadia 6.0 UVB and one 6500kk. I was extraordinarily impressed by the service and quality.

Is Churchill still on ChamEO? He such a handsome light guy. I was hoping he and Godzilla both would find forever homes soon.

I still recommend the Reptisun for UVB. You could use a 5.0 or 10.0 on a 48 inch high.

You might find my blog helpful. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-with-young-veiled-or-panther-chameleons.325/

Thanks for this! I forgot the name reptisun... ah..

If you're looking to splurge a bit, I would recommend getting a lighting setup by Light Your Reptiles. Amazing light quality. Before I lost my Ferds, I bought a dual fixture with one Arcadia 6.0 UVB and one 6500kk. I was extraordinarily impressed by the service and quality.

Is Churchill still on ChamEO? He such a handsome light guy. I was hoping he and Godzilla both would find forever homes soon.

I was thinking about adopting either churchill OR godzilla... I thought godzilla looks like such a very pretty lady. I never had a female chameleon before so I thought I could try and care for her.

I was thinking about adopting either churchill OR godzilla... I thought godzilla looks like such a very pretty lady. I never had a female chameleon before so I thought I could try and care for her.

That would be so great. I think either one would be a fantastic addition to the family. :D

Personally I would get a digital hydrometer, and an inferred temp gun I got one on E-bay for about $15.
looks like this:
View attachment 146203
Hydrometer:
61wqV94rlxL._SX522_.jpg

Attachments

• sku_104614_1.jpg
    sku_104614_1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 163
I'm currently looking at this
http://www.lllreptile.com/products/3961-flukers-digital-thermometerhumidity-gauge

worth it?

I ordered my reptisun 5.0 18" bulb and 20" fixture already. So I have my lighting, and all I'll need to do is get a fixture from home depot for my light bulbs that I'll use for heat. I'm going to test my mistking right now actually, and clean the ficus leaved out of the bottom of the cage. THe bottom is the only part I never cleaned because I was too depressed to clean it up.

Oh, I'm also going to order a little dripper. It's 70oz and I had one before and loved it. With my misting schedule, it's a bit redundant, but I like having a dripper anyway. It's actually CHEAPER than other drippers ive seen.
I have a homemade liter bottle dripper but it was very sensitive (the nozzle) and would either drip way too fast or way too slow and had to be cleaned out all the time. The little dripper I can just send the tube through the screen and refill it every once and a while.

I'm currently looking at this
http://www.lllreptile.com/products/3961-flukers-digital-thermometerhumidity-gauge

worth it?

I ordered my reptisun 5.0 18" bulb and 20" fixture already. So I have my lighting, and all I'll need to do is get a fixture from home depot for my light bulbs that I'll use for heat. I'm going to test my mistking right now actually, and clean the ficus leaved out of the bottom of the cage. THe bottom is the only part I never cleaned because I was too depressed to clean it up.
Yah that looks ok. But I would still get the inferred temp gun though much more precise, and you can read more locations in you enclosure to see what your heat gradient is.

Thanks for this! I forgot the name reptisun... ah..

I highly recommend the male. Churchill is a little doll and you want have to deal with egg laying and the complications that egg lay can cause.

I highly recommend the male. Churchill is a little doll and you want have to deal with egg laying and the complications that egg lay can cause.

I understand the complications that egg laying can have, but that's why I was thinking of adopting the female, cause the egg laying puts off a lot of people from buying females anyway. She might go to a home quicker if I adopt her rather than people looking at her and saying "nah, eggs".

But I have had experience with males and males only, and I really think churchill is a nice handsome boy. so we will see : )

Back
Top Bottom