Need Drainage Help

JoshD49

Chameleon Enthusiast
Need some ideas on how to make a drainage setup.

Currently I have a cabinet like this. Obviously the bigger version though.

Exo Terra Terrarium Cabinet, 18" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009H2W974/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xOVICb8HRQP9G

I was going to use the bulkhead and hole saw the cabinet but the experience Terra tray has ridges in it that won't allow the bulkhead to sit flush. So water will still pool up in the little sections. Maybe egg crate on top to keep the chams from messing with the water pools?

I don't want to do the dragon strand trays because I don't really want to use a wet -vac. Let me know what you guys think and thanks in advance.

Honestly writing this out has given me a couple ideas haha but I would like to hear your feedback.

I know you said you don’t wann use the Dragon strand tray but you could use it and put a hole with a tube running into a bucket so you just have to empty the bucket instead of using a wet vac.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but afraid of the pooling that would still happen. Is this what did? I wanted to use a wire rack but the wife said it will look ugly in the house haha.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but afraid of the pooling that would still happen. Is this what did? I wanted to use a wire rack but the wife said it will look ugly in the house haha.

I’m currently using big hydroponics tables as my draninage tables but I will be switching to with wire rack system eventually. Gunna use the dragon strand trays and put holes in them and connect it all with pipes that run into a bucket. At least for the top shelf ones.

I have seen people use these for the drainage hole.
191CC68E-3F70-49E6-A43B-6C287876882B.png

I have the dragon strand tray. I was scared to try to drill into it. Mine pools in the back. I got a wet vac but had to saw off the suction tool to get the right angle. I hate it. So if you wanna come fix my tray while your at it let me know lol

Back
Top Bottom