Need DIY opinions

zmoore91

so I’ve been looking to custom ideas for a cage but without spending a lot to do a plastic/acrylic enclosure I’ve had nothing. So I came with the idea of creating a hood and cabinet for a 24x24x48 zoo med. I’ve done a quick sketch and wanted to get opinions. I might double the whole thing so it can House 2 of the cages.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 90
Awesome! Don't forget to incorporate drainage! If it holds 2 cham cages, make sure they're separated by something solid so the chams cannot see each other

Awesome! Don't forget to incorporate drainage! If it holds 2 cham cages, make sure they're separated by something solid so the chams cannot see each other
Yeah the reason for possibly switching it to two cages was because of drainage. I’d have more cabinet room underneath. I’m thinking that’ll be the route I go!

So I should have both my XL Reptibreeze cages in on Monday along with another Arcadia light. I am then moving forward with my build and making it a dual cage set up. My uncle who does construction for a living is gonna assist me and hopefully by the end of the next couple of weeks I’ll have pictures to show!

You might want to think about putting legs on the cabinet to give your cage more height. Being arboreal they are happier up higher.
I mean no matter they are going to each be in a 2x2x4 cage. If I make the cage cabinets or anything taller it’s gonna start getting close to the ceiling. This design is more to hide and store all the equipment rather than a custom cage design if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom