Need advice

Kostas

Hello again guys, so im gonna start trying to build a cage tomorrow and i was wondering is it more convenient if i leave top detachable from frame or it doesn't really make difference. I did make a plan for everything, and i made bottom easy to remove (for easy clean up) without hurting how sturdy its gonna be, but i wasn't sure if its necessary to do so or it even helps.

Im planing on mesh wire or aluminum any recommendations ?

Thank you

A removable bottom would absolutely be useful. For the top, I don't think it would be too inconvenient if the top were permanent. Make the doors nice and big, so you can easily access every part of the cage.

well im kinda planing towards 28x24x48 (don't ask why lol) and i figured ill do 2 doors splitting cage in middle from top to bot going thru whole front of the cage

Thats a nice size enclosure! What kind of cham do you have? As for your question, I agree that making the top detachable wouldnt be practical especially if its going to be 4 foot tall,(plus stand?) I wouldnt do the floor as well, I would be afraid of the bottom falling out form the weight of the plants. As long as the door or doors are big enough you should be fine for the clean up :)

well my gf is getting me a cham within a month so basically im preparing and i kinda like working with my hand so figured ill give it a shot at it :)

so i started reading up and all cuz i dont want it to be not comfortable or get sick. I guess im just excited as it is right know and trying to learn abit before i get it

Thank for advices :)

well my gf is getting me a cham within a month so basically im preparing and i kinda like working with my hand so figured ill give it a shot at it :)

so i started reading up and all cuz i dont want it to be not comfortable or get sick. I guess im just excited as it is right know and trying to learn abit before i get it

Thank for advices :)

Congrats on the soon to be new addition!! Its a sickness ;)

what are your plans on the husbandry? and what kind of Cham is it going to be?

Congrats on the soon to be new addition!! Its a sickness ;)

what are your plans on the husbandry? and what kind of Cham is it going to be?

If i only i knew what kind it was would be a little bit better, but knowing her that aint happening since she getting it as a present for me. Hopefully carpet chameleon, but at the same time they really hard to keep if i understand.

As of husbandry (not really sure or this what this word means lol, english not my first language), haven't decided yet. Trying to do cage first and then start by installing lights and mister, and see how temp and humidity stays if it doesn't do well with humidity figured gonna smaller humidifier that runs on cold water and just keep it always on. I want live plants inside cage too, so havent really decided on which ones yet. Seems like everyone likes Pothos.

If i only i knew what kind it was would be a little bit better, but knowing her that aint happening since she getting it as a present for me. Hopefully carpet chameleon, but at the same time they really hard to keep if i understand.

As of husbandry (not really sure or this what this word means lol, english not my first language), haven't decided yet. Trying to do cage first and then start by installing lights and mister, and see how temp and humidity stays if it doesn't do well with humidity figured gonna smaller humidifier that runs on cold water and just keep it always on. I want live plants inside cage too, so havent really decided on which ones yet. Seems like everyone likes Pothos.

I love surprises as much as the next guy ,but every cham needs specific needs. If you could pry out of her what species she plans on getting you it would be beneficial so you could prepare adequately.

Husbandry refers to the conditions your cham willd be exposed to. Such as lighting, supplementation, plants, what kind of feeders, humidity ect. Knowing specific husbandry for what species you plan on having can be crucial.

Pothos are great, Ficus and Hibiscus are nice as well.

I love surprises as much as the next guy ,but every cham needs specific needs. If you could pry out of her what species she plans on getting you it would be beneficial so you could prepare adequately.

Husbandry refers to the conditions your cham willd be exposed to. Such as lighting, supplementation, plants, what kind of feeders, humidity ect. Knowing specific husbandry for what species you plan on having can be crucial.

Pothos are great, Ficus and Hibiscus are nice as well.

True and i very well understand that and yeah i'm trying. Eventually ill found out before it happens but i know it aint goona be within couple days though, sorry if that upset you abit

True and i very well understand that and yeah i'm trying. Eventually ill found out before it happens but i know it aint goona be within couple days though, sorry if that upset you abit

Im not upset. I just what you and your knew pet to be happy. Im sure you will do your research and do just fine. Once you know the species ask any questions you have, there are many helpfull and knowledgeable people on this forum

Im not upset. I just what you and your knew pet to be happy. Im sure you will do your research and do just fine. Once you know the species ask any questions you have, there are many helpfull and knowledgeable people on this forum

Yeah, everyone seems helpful here. And i usually search unless i cant find it :)

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom