Need advice on what to do!

garrettcc

hello all. We rescued this little guy from a store that wasn’t taking care of him like they should. No humidity, small glass enclosure, and not a correct diet. So I purchased him to try and make him live his life to the fullest. Today I was about to feed him and noticed this stuff coming out of I believe the rectum. Not sure what to do exactly. We planned on getting him to the vet for another issue with his eyes this week but just got a ton of snow and not able to go anywhere. Any help or advice? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1C2F2861-C855-4352-93AD-692CBF58CAC7.jpeg
    1C2F2861-C855-4352-93AD-692CBF58CAC7.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 98
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male panther chameleon been in my care about 3 days.
  • Handling - long enough to get him in the cage.
  • Feeding - Feeding crickets with calcium without d3 right now. Only eaten 4 crickets in 3 days. Gutloading with kale
  • Watering - Have an automatic dripper, spray the cage down for 2 minutes at a time 3 Times a day. He drinks a lot.
  • Fecal Description - Seen one poop and it was a little runny but it was a lot.
  • History - Has an issue with his eyes where he struggles to open it at first in the morning and bulges like he is trying to clean it or has something in it. Been researching and believe he is Deficent on vitamin a.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Mesh all around 18x18x36
  • Lighting - has a 75 watt heat bulb, 5.0 uvb bulb and then a linear uvb bulb
  • Temperature - Floor of enclosure is 70 basking is 85 measure with 3 different gauges and a temperature gun
  • Humidity is about 50 during the day and up to 75 when I spray.
  • Plants - Umbrella plant in the middle.
  • Placement - Located in the living room no fans or anything running.
  • Located in North Carolina

Current Problem is he has white stuff coming out his rectum and not sure what it is. Picture is above.

That is a sperm plug and should come out on it's own. You can increase misting or use showers to soften it up and help it out. I don't recommend pulling them out but some people do it. I think the canceof damaging the plumbing makes it not worth the risk.

That is a sperm plug and should come out on it's own. You can increase misting or use showers to soften it up and help it out. I don't recommend pulling them out but some people do it. I think the canceof damaging the plumbing makes it not worth the risk.
Awesome, thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom