Nearly finished ✔️

pascal2023

Avid Member
So very close to finishing pascals enclosure, i keep trying to improve it but for now I am quite happy with this! Just gotta refix the good back on and we are dandy! I’ll take some photos with plants and bits in there ❤️ Oh and Evie the cockapoo has been trying to help me 🤣
53FCBF4A-559A-4F1E-AE9F-A8383161224A.jpeg
FD67131D-4994-46AA-AD64-8EE6206F1195.jpeg

Just like to point out we didn’t use any adhesive or caulk ect, my dad suggested it but I said no! (Incase anyo Ed wondering why there’s a caulk gun in the photo) 😂

So very close to finishing pascals enclosure, i keep trying to improve it but for now I am quite happy with this! Just gotta refix the good back on and we are dandy! I’ll take some photos with plants and bits in there ❤️ Oh and Evie the cockapoo has been trying to help me 🤣View attachment 329585View attachment 329586
Are you sealing all of the wood? You will need to ... What type of wood did you end up buying?

Just like to point out we didn’t use any adhesive or caulk ect, my dad suggested it but I said no! (Incase anyo Ed wondering why there’s a caulk gun in the photo) 😂
You can seal it with silicone and like @Beman says you’re gonna definitely need to seal that wood . The OSB on the bottom it’s like a sponge and will deteriorate quite quickly if it gets wet .. you can always use Flexseal to seal the wood just rough it up a little bit so it has something to adhere to . They sell it in black and clear . other than that nice job!!

So very close to finishing pascals enclosure, i keep trying to improve it but for now I am quite happy with this! Just gotta refix the good back on and we are dandy! I’ll take some photos with plants and bits in there ❤️ Oh and Evie the cockapoo has been trying to help me 🤣View attachment 329585View attachment 329586
Great skills there 👌🏻👌🏻
What dimensions did you make it?
Like others mentioned, think about sealing the wood, especially the OSB will be gone before you know it.

You can seal it with silicone and like @Beman says you’re gonna definitely need to seal that wood . The OSB on the bottom it’s like a sponge and will deteriorate quite quickly if it gets wet .. you can always use Flexseal to seal the wood just rough it up a little bit so it has something to adhere to . They sell it in black and clear . other than that nice job!!
Yeah I just wanted to check with everyone if there’s a certain type of silicone I should be using that obvs isn’t toxic, so again if anyone can suggest any sealants/ silicone I can buy from UK diy store that would be amazing! Id probably go for a clear!

Great skills there 👌🏻👌🏻
What dimensions did you make it?
Like others mentioned, think about sealing the wood, especially the OSB will be gone before you know it.
Thankyou so much! It’s 1.2m tall by 60cm width and yeah I did buy a potting tray cover too that I’m going to put on it after I’ve sealed it to keep the plants in and I think the lay bin will take up a majority of the space

Yeah I just wanted to check with everyone if there’s a certain type of silicone I should be using that obvs isn’t toxic, so again if anyone can suggest any sealants/ silicone I can buy from UK diy store that would be amazing! Id probably go for a clear!
Anything that’s 100% pure silicone . Once it’s fully cured it’s not toxic .. same thing with the flexseal .. what’s the name of your hardware store there ? i’ll look it up and tell you what’s good

Attachments

• 9888AFA8-DDC1-4433-B787-4B17AD33B1EB.jpeg
    9888AFA8-DDC1-4433-B787-4B17AD33B1EB.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 60136B3A-D841-4B74-B7D1-47FC162C6D42.png
    60136B3A-D841-4B74-B7D1-47FC162C6D42.png
    452.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 0D55F1EE-0F44-4333-8455-29863C382490.png
    0D55F1EE-0F44-4333-8455-29863C382490.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 33
@crosscutts ive found this sealant and silicone
I didn’t get a chance to look it up just got your notice, but all of those will work fine . Vera thane is an exterior finish they use on teak on boats and as long as that silicone is 100% silicone . they try to charge you more for marine grade which is nonsense because silicone is silicone make sure all of its thoroughly dry . 😊👌

Last edited:
Remember anything you use will need to gas off. Make sure you do this outside away from the cham. The fumes are toxic for it. This can take 2 weeks in a lot of cases. Flex seal is typically used because it will make it water proof so that it does not leak. With silicone you are making sure there are no additives it has to say 100% silicone. If they add something for mold resistance etc than this will not work as it is not 100% silicone.

Remember anything you use will need to gas off. Make sure you do this outside away from the cham. The fumes are toxic for it. This can take 2 weeks in a lot of cases. Flex seal is typically used because it will make it water proof so that it does not leak. With silicone you are making sure there are no additives it has to say 100% silicone. If they add something for mold resistance etc than this will not work as it is not 100% silicone.
Yes of course, it’s all being done in the garden anyway and she’s in a spare room upstairs and we’ve purchased all the right varnish and silicone

Back
Top Bottom