Names for new pet Tarantula

Fidget321

Ok, so I decided to get a new kid on Saturday, I have been considering this now for a while and finally took the plunge.

I bought a Pink Toe tarantula spiderling which looks kind of like this at this stage:

pd991430_s.jpg

And will eventually look like this:

pinktoe.jpg

I'm bummed out regarding a name for this critter, any suggestions? - Thanks

I would go with "Tread", as in the tread on the bottom of my shoe. :p Spiders give me the willies big time, and get stomped at my house.

I would go with "Tread", as in the tread on the bottom of my shoe. :p Spiders give me the willies big time, and get stomped at my house.

Amen!:)

I was biten as a child and it resulted in a week in hospital, and nearly the loss of my right arm. As a 5 year old, seeing the nurse pack 3' of guaze into a hole in your arm was tramatic....

The few things that I don't think I could handle keeping are spiders and snakes.:rolleyes:

As for a name.... How about Stryder..... Stryder the spider!?!?!;)

ROFL! :D I was going to post and suggest the name 'Splat' for the very same reason! I didn't post in theend - thought it might offend someone! When I feed the crix I have a fly swat handy so I can smoosh any that dare to escape, lol!

LOL, don't worry, my better half already told me if it escapes from it's cage it's being stepped on.

Elvira if its a girl.
Lurch (like the Adams family).
Charlotte (from Charlotte's Web).
Inky?
Arania?
Ah Lurch sounds so cool, thanks

are those spiders poisonous?
They do have venom which is harmless unless you are allergic to it.
Very few spiders are actually poisonous.

TBO, any spider that lurks in my house gets stepped on... So i don't blame you guys LOL... But this is different because it's in a cage.

This is great guys, thanks for the suggestions.
Keep them comming if you have more.:D

Back
Top Bottom