n. wheeleri / My new pair of Joy

Ryan Jarosek

nephrurus wheeleri ...

I just received a pair of n. wheleri today. Now I have the bug for these Nephrurus. Check out the pictures. I think these little ones are fascinating. I have been watching them all night since they woke up. Pictures do not do these little things justice.

First is the Female, she is the larger of the two and has the most beautiful eyes. She is a feisty little one and doesn't like to be touched. She bit me twice already. I tried to move her for a photo. Yeah Right!!!

Grumpy bright eyed girl....

IMG_5586.jpg

I almost got her licking her eye. Even if I got it it would have been on the other side. so I guess I didn't almost get it.

IMG_5587.jpg

and some other angles

IMG_5580.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

Here is the male he is smaller and is a lot nicer. He does not mind being touched as much although you can tell he doesn't like it.

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

Last edited:
Awww they are so cute! :) The female looks just like ours but our male is a little darker. The female (Darci) tried to bite me this morning when I was petting her. She kinda jumped and sqwaked at me twice! She was close to getting me. Our male is a bit nicer too most of the time. They are so awesome though...I just fed them some little roaches! They really like those.

And, btw Ryan, I just fed your Cresties some peaches baby food and they love it! They are so cute. Too bad I'm going to have to give them to you soon, LoL!

Awww they are so cute! :) The female looks just like ours but our male is a little darker. The female (Darci) tried to bite me this morning when I was petting her. She kinda jumped and sqwaked at me twice! She was close to getting me. Our male is a bit nicer too most of the time. They are so awesome though...I just fed them some little roaches! They really like those.

And, btw Ryan, I just fed your Cresties some peaches baby food and they love it! They are so cute. Too bad I'm going to have to give them to you soon, LoL!

I just got done bagging up your half of the crested food. I cannot wait until Thursday, It is going to be nice to escape the smell of smoke.

I cannot wait to see the cresteds. :)

LoL that is cute...I am still thinking of names for our new cresteds but Chad named the Wheeleri's already you know. And our other Cresteds are Chloe and Corbin :)

I am excited for Thursday too! It will be fun to see you guys and we will have a lot of fun stuff to do!

I knew I would offend someone. Gheesh you Australians are so sensitive. LOL... :D

G'day Mate! :D:p:)

Lol....G'Day to u too :D

If you want traditional Oz names then go for Matilda for your girl and Slim (after Slim Dusty) or Strop (if you like Crocodile Dundee) for your male

Congratulations on 2 very beautiful new additions to your clan :)

Lol....G'Day to u too :D

If you want traditional Oz names then go for Matilda for your girl and Slim (after Slim Dusty) or Strop (if you like Crocodile Dundee) for your male

Congratulations on 2 very beautiful new additions to your clan :)

nice names! I am going to be getting a few more nephurus.. in the coming up months and will be using those. :D

Ryan they are so sweet and look so fragile. Just how big are they? And please tell me they were not $2000. I need more water crystals but I can't support $2000. :eek:

Is there a common name for these? They sure are cute, but I don't know my reptiles very well.

Striped Knob Tail Gecko, but common names are useless. If you want to aquire the species stick to Nephrurus wheeleri cinctus to be sure of the exact one (locality), knobbys are widespread, these are from a very small area of Western Australia. :)

Back
Top Bottom