My veiled and my panther chameleon had sex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 and I have everything had mine for a year now lol they are fairly easy to care for and they have books on how to care for them if needed but there are so many know it all's lol so Ill leave it at that! Just made a comment you don't know what the person wants ultimately it's there decision

$200 and I have everything had mine for a year now lol they are fairly easy to care for and they have books on how to care for them if needed but there are so many know it all's lol so Ill leave it at that! Just made a comment you don't know what the person wants ultimately it's there decision

Not to derail this any more than needed, but there is a lot of mis-information out there in books. Also, if all you spent is $200.00, I doubt very much you have everything you need. I have that much spent on the latest lighting for my enclosure, and anything less wouldn't offer the same unless the animal was kept outside. I will stick up for the long term keepers even though they don't always come across all cuddly and nice, because they have the experience to defend their position.

One year of success doesn't compare to decades. I hope you keep an open mind and keep learning and contributing here, and have tons of success.

Not to derail this any more than needed, but there is a lot of mis-information out there in books. Also, if all you spent is $200.00, I doubt very much you have everything you need. I have that much spent on the latest lighting for my enclosure, and anything less wouldn't offer the same unless the animal was kept outside. I will stick up for the long term keepers even though they don't always come across all cuddly and nice, because they have the experience to defend their position.

One year of success doesn't compare to decades. I hope you keep an open mind and keep learning and contributing here, and have tons of success.

Lol I have had 10 chameleons in 35years and not one has died on me and are healthy I bought $200 for everything for my chamelion you just need the right lights plural and moisture aka humidity and foods and calcium and enclosure and guages plant or plants and your good

Attachments

• 1546299880442752719119110545976.jpg
    1546299880442752719119110545976.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 125
I told myself that I'm going to be quiet and not attempt to comment on this thread, but I keep seeing it spiral further out of control. OP, I hope you understand now that mating two different specie isn't recommended. I as many other long term keepers will highly recommend separating them and free ranging them individually so this doesn't occur again. Everyone does make a mistake during keeping their chameleons, we just have to be there to support each other to grow and learn more and improve our care. I would highly recommend destroying the eggs if any are laid. If I remember correctly there won't be any viable offspring between the two different species. Maybe peruse the forums and you'll find that information on here somewhere from the years and years of posting from great keepers of the past and present. I would also recommend just doing additional thorough research on your care etc to make sure everything is golden on your side.

@Veiledguy23 -- I highly recommend researching more about the proper required care for a male veiled chameleon. Your care seems to be very inadequate. IE: enclosure is very small and not offering the appropriate amount of space to roam about, your lighting is very questionable, and your dynamics as a whole are concerning. I recommend that you start a thread of your own instead of continuously commenting back on this one about your own chameleon, that way we can interact directly with you and not fog up this thread about the OP's main concerns.

For the OP, I have found many threads revolving around this concern. I have taken a screen shot from Chris Anderson where he broke it down in a thread about breeding two different species together.

So in conclusion; chances of them successfully breeding is very unlikely. I would recommend making a barrier of sorts in the room in which you free range. If anything you can free range them individually. I hope that you aren't turned away from the forums after this post. These forums are full of very educated individuals on the care of so many wonderful chameleons. Best of luck with your two.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 6.21.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 6.21.23 PM.png
    509.3 KB · Views: 100
LMAO you crack me up I had same cage set up forever and all my chamelions live full life expectancy so go @#$& your self you know nothing hahahahaha I am deleting my thread from here so I don't have to deal with you you ******* idiot you probably don't even have a chamelion

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is closed to replies. Nothing is gained from this exchange.

@Veiledguy23 from your responses here and in an egg laying thread it is clear that either you don't have the experience you claim to have or just simply cannot express it properly. Neither is acceptable when offering advice here.

As for the language, consider this as a warning. This is not acceptable and violates the forum rules. Please review them if needed. I would like for this to be the end of the drama that I figured would come from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom