my truck broke down AGAIN!

amanda509

ughh!!!! was doing soo good there for awhile..and BAM! engine blows up in june...a friend took all summer to replace it for me and got my truck back right before school in early august...and NOW i was turning up a street and the engine shut off and wont turn over! everything else works, but my mom and her bosses think i just ran out of gas...B.S.!!! i just put $40 in a couple days ago and that is more than half a tank and i havent done too much driving! any ideas??? im pissed -.-

Are you sure your tank is full?

I know that the tanks on trucks tend to get holes.. My bf had a f150 wth dual tanks and one of the tanks got a hole in the bottom.

what does your gas gauge say?

Are you sure your tank is full?

I know that the tanks on trucks tend to get holes.. My bf had a f150 wth dual tanks and one of the tanks got a hole in the bottom.

what does your gas gauge say?

it was not full, about half full. i had a quarter tank on sunday, and put in $40 which put me at about 3/4 tank...i used about a 1/4 tank up to date...the guage said 1/2 tank when i left my house, and 5 minutes later truck stopped working..and trying to start it again, all guages worked, but the gas was on e. so im wondering if i blew a hole in my tank or my fuel pump quit -.- i needed to get to school asap, so im here now..my mom tried to put a gallon in to see if i was out, but it still wouldnt start..so now its being towed yet again :/ it figures..anytime i get any amount of money saved up for something..my truck breaks down :( and its no use getting a new car because i cant afford one, and by the time im done replacing everything on the truck, the insides will be new anyways..

Def sounds like a fuel pump, or your fuel injectors.

Myabe a hole in your tank. I would get it up on jacks or on a lift and check your tank.

Good luck!

Def sounds like a fuel pump, or your fuel injectors.

Myabe a hole in your tank. I would get it up on jacks or on a lift and check your tank.

Good luck!

well, its on its way to the mechanics, so they will look at it and let me know...$40 on the ground does not make me happy though :/

well, its on its way to the mechanics, so they will look at it and let me know...$40 on the ground does not make me happy though :/

Im sure its not fun.

if it is a hole in your tank, its a cheaper fix, theres fixatives you can put in the tank that will seal up any holes that might be there.

Im sure its not fun.

if it is a hole in your tank, its a cheaper fix, theres fixatives you can put in the tank that will seal up any holes that might be there.

well, from the amount of gas i lost in such a short amount of time, i doubt its a small hole :/ but im just glad its not my engine again...

well, from the amount of gas i lost in such a short amount of time, i doubt its a small hole :/ but im just glad its not my engine again...

well it may still be able to be repaired with the fixative. i dont remember what its called, but it more or less creates a new tank inside the shell of your current one.

if its a big hole, then you may have to replace the tank all together. which wont be fun. but if you find a junkyard, you can probably get one for cheaper then buying it from a dealership would cost. cuz them things arnt cheap.

What year and kind of truck? If it was just BAM shut down id say probably lost spark.. if its a pre 00 chevy id say distributor. Most common anyways.. chevys are also good at throughing fuel pumps.. plastic tank though so I wouldnt expect hole in the tank.. if its a ford... Get used to it ;)

What year and kind of truck? If it was just BAM shut down id say probably lost spark.. if its a pre 00 chevy id say distributor. Most common anyways.. chevys are also good at throughing fuel pumps.. plastic tank though so I wouldnt expect hole in the tank.. if its a ford... Get used to it ;)

its a 2000 dodge dakota sport with a remade engine (thanks to our last break down). the only indicator is the gas..had half a tank, then it shut off halfway to school, tried to start it, electrical works, it tries to turn over, but all the gauges except gas are fine..the gas gauge is on e :( and im POSITIVE it was half full when i left..i hope nobody siphoned out my gas :mad: i have heard dodges are rough on the fuel pumps..and the rest of the truck (except the engine) is over 100,000 miles...

533105_472484062761988_615004927_n.jpg

balls of steel ;)
559182_472484162761978_2134775165_n.jpg

Nice truck! I forget dodged exist.. I don't have chevy love for em but don't hate em like a ford! :) most likely siphoned gas or pump. Hopfully not pump. Depending on ur areas economy 400-700 dollar fix :(

Nice truck! I forget dodged exist.. I don't have chevy love for em but don't hate em like a ford! :) most likely siphoned gas or pump. Hopfully not pump. Depending on ur areas economy 400-700 dollar fix :(

well..if it was siphoned, it will prob happen again...and if i catch that turd, imma beat em to a pulp! but a friend of mine said she had her fuel pump replaced for $300..which kind of gives me hope of not being broke if it happens to be that..i only spent $750 for a whole new engine and labor, and i refuse to pay the same for a stupid pump -.-

well..if it was siphoned, it will prob happen again...and if i catch that turd, imma beat em to a pulp! but a friend of mine said she had her fuel pump replaced for $300..which kind of gives me hope of not being broke if it happens to be that..i only spent $750 for a whole new engine and labor, and i refuse to pay the same for a stupid pump -.-

Depends on the shop. If it were in my shop no less than 500$ and that's with a cutie discount ;) but washington state is also ridiculous with cost on everything

thats bad news about the truck. when you turn the key to the on position can you hear the fuel pump prime? if so it may not be a fuel problem and more likely a spark problem. but a sure way to tell is to pull a fuel line while cranking and see if fuel comes out. you can do the same with the spark plugs. pull one out and crank it over and see if you have spark .hopefully its just out of gas or something. lol. hope this helps. good luck

okay everyone!!! you ready?? IT WAS the crank shaft sensor :3 they rarely go bad, but mine did fortunately..but its an affordable fix, so i cant complain :)

Back
Top Bottom