My tree raptor got me today

bbyoda

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm waiting in the vet's office. Yoda's almost due for a check up and I'm making sure he's healthy because he's been lethargic the past week or so. Waking up late and roosting earlier than I'm comfortable with.

Getting him out of his enclosure was a tussle. Had to remove plants, branches, and get the gloves out. Got bit by him for the first time and you know what? I'm less scared now. It wasn't bad. And I was able to safely handle him and bring him in. And he's not so lethargic he doesn't have fight in him lol

PXL_20220121_210229535.MP.jpg

He is 200 grams. Dr. Bruce said he's a big boy but he isn't concerned about his weight. Strong grip, good breathing, no signs of burns. They're doing bloodwork now. It's truly wonderful to have a good vet who knows chameleons and to get those annual check ups.

PXL_20220121_211848206.jpg

I'm waiting in the vet's office. Yoda's almost due for a check up and I'm making sure he's healthy because he's been lethargic the past week or so. Waking up late and roosting earlier than I'm comfortable with.

Getting him out of his enclosure was a tussle. Had to remove plants, branches, and get the gloves out. Got bit by him for the first time and you know what? I'm less scared now. It wasn't bad. And I was able to safely handle him and bring him in. And he's not so lethargic he doesn't have fight in him lol

View attachment 318724
Absolutely beautiful colours in the pic. Glad he’s ok, he might be acting slightly lethargic from slight seasonal changes such as temperature and daylight.

bbyoda said "Got bit by him for the first time and you know what? I'm less scared now."

Big guy like that---- It was a love bite. you were lucky.. haahaa (y) :LOL:

LOL Had one bite me 18 years ago from a GIANT one.. My 1st time and last time, since he didn't want to let go. Sorry went off track..
Hope your buddy is well.

bbyoda said "Got bit by him for the first time and you know what? I'm less scared now."

Big guy like that---- It was a love bite. you were lucky.. haahaa (y) :LOL:

LOL Had one bite me 18 years ago from a GIANT one.. My 1st time and last time, since he didn't want to let go. Sorry went off track..
Hope your buddy is well.
I didn't think of it that way!! Maybe he was just giving me some warning bites hahah

Glad that Yoda is a big healthy guy. He’s so handsome!
I’ve become desensitized to being bitten thanks to Stella. She really is the only one that is so fierce. Hammlet has never bit me and I’m more cautious as I expect with his larger size/strength, it’ll hurt a bit.

Glad that Yoda is a big healthy guy. He’s so handsome!
I’ve become desensitized to being bitten thanks to Stella. She really is the only one that is so fierce. Hammlet has never bit me and I’m more cautious as I expect with his larger size/strength, it’ll hurt a bit.

Hammlet seems like a sweetie. That's too funny about Stella. I love how they have their personalities. Just makes me want more chameleons 🙈

He's doing so well this morning. Was up and about and enjoying his two silkworms this morning. I enjoyed watching him maneuver through some tight branches to get one that I placed on a branch. Check out how careful he is!

Got bit by him for the first time and you know what? I'm less scared now. It wasn't bad. And I was able to safely handle him and bring him in. And he's not so lethargic he doesn't have fight in him lol
You see? I told you! :ROFLMAO: No big whoop.

He is a looker—especially the black outlines around some of his markings. :) (y)

I got bit the other day (after avoiding it for several months). Getting GP out of his enclosure is easy—getting him back in is another story. He wasn't ready to go back in, and wasn't shy about expressing his feelings on the matter. Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom