My time on the facebook groups.

I think we should start initiating our members when going from "Avid" to "Enthusiast" status by sending them out into the wilds of Facebook land to test their knowledge and convert the non-researchers(non-believers). If they return after a month in the wilds with their mind still intact then we welcome them to the enthusiasts table!

Instead of "This is SPARTA!", "THIS IS THE FORUMS!"

No. just me? Ok...

I think we should start initiating our members when going from "Avid" to "Enthusiast" status by sending them out into the wilds of Facebook land to test their knowledge and convert the non-researchers(non-believers). If they return after a month in the wilds with their mind still intact then we welcome them to the enthusiasts table!

No. just me? Ok...

Ahhh yes, the good old fashioned chamforums Rumspringe!

I have plenty of respect for the admins on the biggest of the chameleon groups on Facebook, but sometimes they are just as bad as the over opinionated and tactless members. There are a few admins that are consistently courteous and well mannered, but then there are some that really make you question their position of authority and credibility.

I make it a point to keep my feelings far and away from the topic of chameleon care, however I do as a civilized, educated and wholly cognizant person always look for the way people communicate. As in, how they say things and not necessarily what they say. Tact is an art that when refined enables it's user to cuss out any person on any level with a grace and style that's worthy of applause - without using a single vulgar word or derogatory language.

Manners and etiquette go a very long way, especially when trying to help others. You get a lot more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

I'm ZEROPILOT on the TORTOISEFORUM.ORG
It's a great, great group. Like a big worldwide family. And we share our firsthand and latest up to date information with anyone who asks.
But our main priority is the betterment of tortoise and turtle keeping. We're not politicians.
I've had SO MANY arguments with IDIOT experts on FACEBOOK with dangerous, usually ancient old information. Telling people that it's fine to do all sorts of things with their animals.
Mostly out of convenience or for the amusing of the keepers and at the tortoises expense.
I can not deal with FACEBOOK animal groups.

I'm a mentor on the Chameleon Central FB page, but to be honest I generally stay away from all the drama posts on there. I may chime in from time to time, but I think my time is better spent helping people on a one-on-one basis when they are too afraid of asking their questions on the forum itself.

I'm a mentor on the Chameleon Central FB page, but to be honest I generally stay away from all the drama posts on there. I may chime in from time to time, but I think my time is better spent helping people on a one-on-one basis when they are too afraid of asking their questions on the forum itself.

I just left this group because the drama the admins cause. A couple are ridiculous.

No. just me? Ok...

Well I'm back from that crap of an expedition, with some scars on my brain, but its mostly still there...I named a mountain too, called it Mount Never ****ing coming back.

It's a lawless land with an endless list of experts :ROFLMAO:.

3ntv16.jpg

Seriously want to see those Fbookers flip their Lid especially the admins. Ask them for a source :).

They are very easy to tactfully flip out. Just keep asking for a credible source, until you get one. That will never happen, but eventually they will flip out.

I just left this group because the drama the admins cause. A couple are ridiculous.

Well I'm back from that crap of an expedition, with some scars on my brain, but its mostly still there...I named a mountain too, called it Mount Never ****ing coming back.

It's fun out there ain't it :).

I love the one admin, who is in the "Admin gang" Ashleigh, she is friends with the rest of them, together they have at least one of them as admin in every chameleon group spreading their Idiocracy.

Anyway, she was on one telling people that 82 tops is the best basking tempature for male Panthers. While linking a care sheet that said 87-90.....

Last edited:
View attachment 257561

Seriously want to see those Fbookers flip their Lid especially the admins. Ask them for a source :).

They are very easy to tactfully flip out. Just keep asking for a credible source, until you get one. That will never happen, but eventually they will flip out.

It's fun out there ain't it :).

I love the one admin, who is in the "Admin gang" Ashleigh, she is friends with the rest of them, together they have at least one of them as admin in every chameleon group spreading their Idiocracy.

Anyway, she was on one telling people that 82 tops is the best basking tempature for male Panthers. While linking a care sheet that said 87-90.....

Yep shes one of them. She sent me a kick threat because I told them attacking every vet who comes on there with some mildly sound advice is not a healthy culture. So frustrating.

Yep shes one of them. She sent me a kick threat because I told them attacking every vet who comes on there with some mildly sound advice is not a healthy culture. So frustrating.

Ya they want to control the idealogy and anything that goes against it, Vet or not, is against that design.

I left every group they were in, and found safety in the Panthers only group, and few more exotic species groups. She is admin in Panthers now.... They have infiltrated them all, why they cant just stay in their CC group, IDK. They are all members in Panthers too, I saw Natalie posting in there the other day, backing up Ashliegh.

I made my own FB Group because of the big groups. Mainly because I think I was kicked off of them and ran out by Necas but it's all good. "Colorado Chameleon Club". We're a very small niche group lol

I been there....
2020-02-01 17_30_11-Messenger.png

Last edited:
That admin guy gives bad advice, I've seen him post "it is good to have a stream of fog go through the viv, your cham will find it" MAJOR RECIPE FOR RI

That admin guy gives bad advice, I've seen him post "it is good to have a stream of fog go through the viv, your cham will find it" MAJOR RECIPE FOR RI

That is Petr Nectas, he is the one that started the whole "Naturalistic Hydration" thing to begin with. He has said some pretty off the wall things to me too, but it could just be a language barrier.

The post in question, that he was scolding me for, was I stated and even shown links that WC Vieleds in Florida, can posses parasites. He stated they cant, the Parasite that infects Vieleds isn't present in Florida, I provided links to back that very fact up, and then he sent me that PM telling me to remove that post. Some other well known in the hobby folks were taking his side on it, I still have to agree to disagree, when we have Florida Animal rescues posting they have Florida WC Veilieds with Coccida infections.

I will agree and did state, that form of Coccida is not native to Florida, neither are the Veileds. Releasing WC Veileds is what got us an Invasive population in Florida, those same animals were surely infected with parasites, and so the Parasites came with them. I cannot fathom, how anyone with any sort of biological background could not see this.

Full disclosure, they could very well be right. The Rescues in Question could have gotten recently released WC from Yemen vieleds, IDK, I dont think they could either. I just dont see how its possible for the Chameleon to become invasive, with Coccidia in its system and not spread it to the others, maybe it is. Thats not going to make me blindly swallow that idea, as Petr Instructed me too. When I have scientific research saying the complete opposite, that is published, I am going to lean to agree with it.

Last edited:
I fog my panthers every NIGHT for 7 hours and my montanes that stay out doors get natural fog 75% of the nights. Understand the temperatures at night are low: panthers indoors about 60F., the montanes outdoors between 40 and 55F.. The MAJOR RECIPE FOR RI is high temperature coupled with high humidty. I've treated my panthers this way for the last 4 years- no respiratory problems ever! My montanes have always been subjected to fog most nights as they are kept outdoors- no respiratory problems.

Chams get tapeworms, pinworms, coccidia......they don't only exist in Madagascar, I agree with you!! I know a certified biologist, I will ask her tomorrow and get back to you

I also keep my humidity up at night, but not 24/7, I give my chams water 30 minutes before lights out every other day, they usually drink and that's what works for me

I fog my panthers every NIGHT for 7 hours and my montanes that stay out doors get natural fog 75% of the nights. Understand the temperatures at night are low: panthers indoors about 60F., the montanes outdoors between 40 and 55F.. The MAJOR RECIPE FOR RI is high temperature coupled with high humidty. I've treated my panthers this way for the last 4 years- no respiratory problems ever! My montanes have always been subjected to fog most nights as they are kept outdoors- no respiratory problems ever.

I think Salty was more referring to the just let the fog spray in the center and the cham will find it, than the raising humidity at night.

Being blasted by the fogger, isnt really the same thing as having 100 humidity. You cannot see humidity, you can see the fog. Thats because the fog is water, small particles of water, smaller than that of our misters, but it is still water.

Another words, and correct me if I am misunderstanding salty, Salty is saying if the chameleon decides to sleep right below the fogger tube, and is having that "Fog" water blasted right into its nose, so breathing in the actual white output directly, they will then get water to the lungs which will cause an RI, in humans that can cause Pneumonia right? Water in the lungs?

I also, since you brought it up, really wonder about this high temp and high humidity thing. Hit up your Panthers locale right now, on weather reports, its Wet season. You will see that right now, your Locale is likely dealing with 90-95 degree temperatures AND 90% humidity. That has been 1 stick in my spoke about the "Naturalistic Hydration" methodology. We are talking about the effects of the high humidity at night, and thats good, and Petrs Idea makes a lot of sense. I have plants that are from where Panthers are found, and they require that same 100% humid night, some of them, even create it (Arcea Pam, is a natural humidifier). However, the humidity is not just 100% at night, its 100% 24/7 during the Wet Season.

I wonder, if we have this wrong. Is it really high temps + humidity that causes RI, or is it the Drastic Change in Humidity during High temps that is causing the problem, that is what causes RIs in Humans. I know someone is going to jump me for talking about humans lungs, I know full well Reptiles lungs are said to work differently, however I also question how much research has gone into this High Humidity + High heat thing.

Its one thing to say "Well I put my Panther in a hot hospital bin and fogger blasted it and it got an RI) vs maintain a high humidity and high temp at the same time. Do Outside housed chams get RIs when outside on hot muggy days? And why is a well known RI Cure for alot of reptiles to use a very hot humid bin to cure an RI if it causes an RI?

Back
Top Bottom