My Tarantula Collection

PrettyInInk87

Trace, you got me thinking about my T's with your post. I don't think I have posted any pictures of my whole collection here so here you go. I have 8 at the moment and will be adding another in a few days. :D

Female A. versicolor "Rosy"
IMG_1521.jpg

Female B. auratum "Juanito"
I traded this girl for another T (HUGE MISTAKE) so I no longer have her. :(
IMG_1204-1.jpg

Female G. rosea "Arachnia"
IMG_1574-1.jpg

Female B. vagans "Dhalia"
IMG_2140.jpg

Female B. smithi "Sasha"
IMG_1942.jpg

Unsexed G. pulchra (unnamed)
IMG_1955.jpg

Unsexed P. irminia "Tiger"
IMG_1930.jpg

Unsexed A. avicularia "Bitsy"
IMG_1554.jpg

Femal G. rosea "Larry" (not pictured) Will get some up soon. :)

Thank you! S/he is only about an inch and a half in size so have quite some time until the black really comes in.

Also, my P. murinus (when I had him) I decided to sell him because I was fairly new to tarantula keeping and was a bit afraid of him. I'll be getting another soon though.

Pumpkin005.jpg

wow they kinda kreep me out....but always nice to see some of your zoo
i think i remember it being someones bday in a few

Ooo. Neat collection! What is the upcoming acquisition?

How do you find the Brachypelma vagans? I've got one that is very fast and very aggressive; it's a little intimating sometimes.

Ooo. Neat collection! What is the upcoming acquisition?

How do you find the Brachypelma vagans? I've got one that is very fast and very aggressive; it's a little intimating sometimes.

Thank you! My B. vagans is actually pretty docile and calm... She very rarely kicks hairs and is very sweet. :) I'm surprised yours is fast and aggressive as this species usually isn't.

My birthday is in a couple of days and a fellow T keeper was going to give me an E. murinus but seems he might have sold it and said he might just give me another B. smithi. I am also planning on getting another O.B.T. and a friend of mine has GBB slings so might get one of those as well. :D

Here is a link to a video of me handling my B. vagans, I had just brought her home and decided to take her out for a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFswdr5zVDY

and a video of her eating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9lsfm7Npj0

I like your Ts! The OBT (P. murinus) are scary. They're so fast and mean they will literally flip over on their back in a threat posture.

Sweet collection - thanks for sharing.

Got the kids a B. smithi for x-mas and fell love with it. Gorgeous girl. Then I I caught the bug :eek: and picked up a g. pulchra. I have promised the hubbie that it will stop there. It came in at 1.25" and has had one shed. Seems a little shy compared to the smithi. But then it is still small.

I like your Ts! The OBT (P. murinus) are scary. They're so fast and mean they will literally flip over on their back in a threat posture.

Oh I know! I sold him because of it but am thinking of getting another... :) They are just SO pretty!

Sweet collection - thanks for sharing.

Got the kids a B. smithi for x-mas and fell love with it. Gorgeous girl. Then I I caught the bug :eek: and picked up a g. pulchra. I have promised the hubbie that it will stop there. It came in at 1.25" and has had one shed. Seems a little shy compared to the smithi. But then it is still small.

Awesome, those 2 are very pretty spiders. Lol! Oh you'll add a few more in time. :) Glad to have more T's keepers!

Awesome, those 2 are very pretty spiders. Lol! Oh you'll add a few more in time. :) Glad to have more T's keepers!

Actually the hubbie and I just celebrated our 25th last weekend - I kind of would like to do another 25. As an aside note, when we first got married he shared a dream he had with me that entailed a house full of cages, everywhere. Guess it was a premonition.:D

Actually the hubbie and I just celebrated our 25th last weekend - I kind of would like to do another 25. As an aside note, when we first got married he shared a dream he had with me that entailed a house full of cages, everywhere. Guess it was a premonition.:D

Haha! That's cute. My bf hates my pets... Lol!:rolleyes:

Wow you opened my eyes to the T world very freaky . But thats one pet I would not want getting loose. lol

Hi! I'm glad I did. They are SUPER great pets to have and super easy to care for. There are certain species of tarantulas that have potent vemon and would be a problem if it escaped but most of mine are chill. I only have 2 T's that i'd worry if I got bit but one was a tiny tiny little thing and was given to me for my birthday and the other I didn't do my research on and I bought it without knowing. :) No more handling that one, lol!

Back
Top Bottom