My supplementing.

zachanderson

I am only using repashy calcium plus all in one every other day (every feeding). I am beginning to question if this is a good supplementing schedule. What are your thoughts?

I am only using repashy calcium plus all in one every other day (every feeding). I am beginning to question if this is a good supplementing schedule. What are your thoughts?

What supplements you use and how often really must depend on the type of feeders you are offering, how you gutload, type of chameleon, whether you use UVB tubes or if the cham gets natural sunlight outdoors, etc. so there is no single right answer or schedule to follow.

I currently use Repashy Calcium Plus about once a week, and plain vitamin free calcium (sticky tongue farms Mineral Outdoor) the rest of the time. I actually create a 50-50 mix of the Repashy C+ and the STF products and use that according to need, but it averages out to like using straight RC+ four times monthly. if you have interest, You can see exactly what I feed my chams, including supplement use, here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/food-diary/

You might also find this blog entry useful: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/65-supplements.html

I don't use Repashy Cal+ right now because everyone is living outside full time and that's too much D3, but when I had them inside with their Reptisun 10.0 lights they (panthers) were supplemented with the Cal+ about 3 times weekly and then plain calcium the other days, roughly.

But Repashy has just produced a Calcium Plus with LOW D3 and I think this is going to be an awesome product for chameleons. That's one I would be comfortable using more often on indoor chameleons, with typical UVB exposure and diet.

I don't use Repashy Cal+ right now because everyone is living outside full time and that's too much D3, but when I had them inside with their Reptisun 10.0 lights they (panthers) were supplemented with the Cal+ about 3 times weekly and then plain calcium the other days, roughly.

But Repashy has just produced a Calcium Plus with LOW D3 and I think this is going to be an awesome product for chameleons. That's one I would be comfortable using more often on indoor chameleons, with typical UVB exposure and diet.

News to me, I didnt know a low D3 version was available.
What is it called?
Is it available for sale now?

Back
Top Bottom