My Start to these Wonderful Animals.

CamiGirl89

This was my first little chameleon, Cami. She was rescued, and had a horrible case of MBD, and had a tumor on her head (This was due to low amounts of calcium and being nearly starved). For 4 months I plumped her up as best I could, but the MBD was too progressed to save her. In honor of little Cami, I have named my small breeding program Cami Chameleons. My breeding female was also named after her, in hopes that she would become as sweet natured as little Cami. She started my fascination with Chams, and will definitely be loved and missed! With a little bit of research, love, commitment, and understanding of these fascinating animals, we can better care for them and prevent them from suffering unnecessarily at the hands of irresponsible owners.

Last edited:
What moving story! Thanx! I've been a big reef tank owner for over eight years so I know about the importance of research and I thank you for promoting it may cami rest in peace!

Thank you :) She lived a happy end to her life. The biggest thing for animal enthusiests to stress is not just how much they love the animal, but how much you need to know about the animal BEFORE you buy it! I worked in a petstore back in highschool, and I remember how many people purchased saltwater fish without having a clue what to do with them. Amazing how just a little reading can go a long way, huh?

Back
Top Bottom