My son's new Hermans "Nebul"

kylerenz

Established Member
Here is our new Hermans tortoise that we bought from Tyler at Blue Beast Reptile. He is awesome!

Picture110408557.jpg

Picture110408556.jpg

Picture110408553.jpg

Last edited:
Very cute ~ looks soooo tiny compaired to mine. I've got three Hermans, 2 aged 3 and one age approx 6. People think tortoise are slow and boring,but mine all have there own little personalitys and move pretty quickly round the floor. Enjoy him :)

My son is almost three. I don't know if I will want to buy a mate in the future for breeding. Who knows. I am excited to see him form a personality. He is not incredibly mobile right now but he is only two inches in total length. I am excited to be a tortoise owner now

AncientCritters...how long do you have to incubate the eggs and at what temperature? I have a friend who has eggs now.

AncientCritters...how long do you have to incubate the eggs and at what temperature? I have a friend who has eggs now.

I have my incubator set at 88F. I try to produce females so I keep it at the higher end of incubation temps. Anywhere from 82-88,89 is good for them. The lower end will produce males and 84,85 should be a mix of sexes. I had them hatch anywhere from 50-65 days.

I am no tortoise expert but i have heard that sulcatas can get like 100 pounds so ya hermans are smaller than sulcata lol:D

Back
Top Bottom