My setup

CHAMpion

I've been browseing this website every day for about the past 2 months reading and learning from every ones posts. I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of my female Veiled that I'm had in my care for a month now and I'm estimating she's at about 6 months, petsco tried to tell me they had it for aout 6 months total but in relation to everyone elses pictures she looks to be about 6 months.

Anyway constructive criticism is welcome concerning my enclosure, I know it's hard to see but there is an 18 inch uvb strip light on top with a 10.0 reptisun bulb.

Cage Type - It's an aluminum cage from LLLreptile the four foot tall one
Lighting - 8 am - 8 pm on a timer there is a uvb and two basking lights both with 45 watt flood bulbs that keep the basking temp at 86ish degress
Temperature - The ambient temp is around 70 -75 and the basking as stated above stays pretty constent at 86
Humidity - My humidity is at around 40% usually I try to get it higher with sprayer 3-5 times a day and i even have a humidifer going into the cage but I still have a tough time getting it higher than 40% even with all the live plants.
Plants - I have 2 pothos, an umbrella tree, and a corn plant
Location - Cage is in my bed room and the top of the cage is at about 6 feet, there aren't any fans or vents close to it. Traffic is probably moderate i live with a roomate so were both going in and out every once and a while.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Carla is a female veiled i got from petsco and they claim they had her for 6 months and she's been in my care exactly a month.
Handling - I handle her very rarely only 3 times sense i've had her and every time was either to clean her cage or add some sort of decor
Feeding - I feed here crickets, supers, and wax worms. She eats about 5 -6 crickets a day and occasionally for a treat she gets a super or waxy.
Supplements - Currently she gets reptivite with d3 (i'm not sure if thats the right brand name because currently i'm not at home). And i dust her crickets with it about 1-2 times a week
Watering - She has a little dripper that hangs from the ceiling and drips all day. I used to see her drinking but not near as much anymore. Her cage also gets sprayed 3-5 times a day with warm water.
Fecal Description - She has never been tested for parasites but her urinates are white and the rest is brown.

Forgive any spelling errors :)

Attachments

• Carla 6 Months 044.JPG
    Carla 6 Months 044.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Carla 6 Months 002.JPG
    Carla 6 Months 002.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 155
  • Carla 6 Months 048.JPG
    Carla 6 Months 048.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
well you have a UV strip wich is good, it would help us help you if you filled out the sheet in my signature....Welcome to the forums by the way.

EDIT: nevermind, i didnt see the other two pictures at first, your cage looks great, i dont really have anything bad to say about it, great job!

Yeah she's living like a queen right now. Petsco actually told me it was a male and me being the newb that I was didn't know any better. So for about a week her name was Carl, until i figured out she was a female of course, then she adopted an "a" to the end of her name making her name Carla

Okay-set up looks good, only thing I see wrong is with your dusting-after 5-6 months u want to use calcium WITHOUT D3 for daily dustings. Use the with D3 2-3 times a month and a vitamin supplement 1-2 times a month.They can get too much D3. One other SUGGESTION (not required!!!) I would get some bo-vine and wrap around some of those cross branches and wind around and down about 2 feet. I see the branches u have for this purpose, its just suggested for a variety for ur cham. U know if ur gonna spoil- might as well go all the way!! 2 ultrasonic humidifiers may be needed for the size of it to up the humidity-alot of space!!!!:D GREAT JOB!!

Just my opinion...but a 48" tall cage is a little large for a female. I keep my females in 18x18x36. they tend to be more stationary then males.

Back
Top Bottom