My setup

hosh11

I have a 16.5"x16.5"x30" reptarium mesh cover to a frame that I build out of 3/4" PVC to allow me to add extra support and places to hang plants. It is covered on 3 sides by plastic sheets to help humidity with 2-3" space between the plastic and mesh for airflow. It sits on a DIY PVC stand with the top of the cage ~ 16" from the ceiling. For lighting I have a T8 18" reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb, a T8 18" grow light and a 15w incandescent bulb for basking. I built a DIY fogger on a timer to help keep the humidity at ~40-50% and it also acts as a dripper when the water builds up on the mesh. I then do hand mistings 2-3 times a day to get a good humidity spike. There are all live plants that have been repotted in organic soil mixed with sand for drainage and covered with rocks. There are also 3 varying sized vines running throughout.

I have had it up and running now for a month or two to work out all the temp, humidity levels and drainage. But I am planning on getting a baby veiled in a week or so and was wondering if a basking spot of about 83-85 is ok or too high?

More Pics coming soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 148
It is only allowing me to attach on photo at a time from my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 145
Here is pretty much the full setup. The UVB light is the one on the right and the grow light is in the back. The bin on the bottom is the fogger with the tube to the top powered by a fan. The basking bulb is a little higher and toward the UVB side.

Will that be enough UVB after the light goes through the reptarium mesh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 190
Back
Top Bottom