My setup ?

Lewis

New setup , I'm waiting on a waterfall and a fogger coming in the post . Any suggestions on what else I need ? ( for a panther chameleon )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 193
Its looking good so far. You can always add more plants and horizontal walkways, more is always better. You will be hearing about the waterfall......Its not really a good idea. The waterfalls are really just a breeding ground for bacteria and the chameleon will likely poop in it. If it is not thoroughly cleaned everyday you could end up with an issue with infection from bacteria. It is best to mist by hand or get an automatic misting system. The chameleon will be more likely to drink from water drops on leaves anyway.

Looks like a good start! I agree to add some more vines/walkways. And to also stay away from the waterfall. Not worth the amount of work cleaning it every day.

Hi! I am also a relatively new Cham owner and was wondering if my setup was adequate,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 129
Hi! I am also a relatively new Cham owner and was wondering if my setup was adequate,

Welcome to the world of chams :D

Steps:
1) remove the water bowl
2) remove the substrate at the bottom
3) add live plants
4) make sure and have a plant light (6500k) and a uvb bulb
5) more foliage and walkways, the better

Standing water and substrate will only cause mold and bacteria. Chams typically drink from water droplets on foliage. Get a little dripper or some misting system

Good luck on your endeavor

If you start your own post in the enclosures and supplies thread I'm sure more people will be able to give you advice :) it looks pretty good except he needs more horizontal walkways, towards the top and middle, and more foliage in the middle. Also chameleons don't drink from a water bowl, they need to see moving water or drink the dew of leaves. Having a dripper will stimulate this. Water falls are bad unless you want to clean them everyday, then I'm sure they are fine. Also what type of Cham do you have?
New setup , I'm waiting on a waterfall and a fogger coming in the post . Any suggestions on what else I need ? ( for a panther chameleon )

If you start your own post in the enclosures and supplies thread I'm sure more people will be able to give you advice :) it looks pretty good except he needs more horizontal walkways, towards the top and middle, and more foliage in the middle. Also chameleons don't drink from a water bowl, they need to see moving water or drink the dew of leaves. Having a dripper will stimulate this. Water falls are bad unless you want to clean them everyday, then I'm sure they are fine. Also what type of Cham do you have?

I'm getting a panther chameleon

There is two threads (on the top of the Enclosure and Suppy page) called the "Official enclosure picture thread" where people post pictures of their enclosures.

Back
Top Bottom