My saltwater tank vid tour

Whatcamo

Ok guys and gals since I've had a few request to see my aquarium here's a quick phone vid best I could do for now and it does it no justice at all but enjoy!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4gMWaBXZU
Also if there are other salt freaks on here post up your tank with info etc how long you been at it!!

For me I've been doing it for roughly 10 years and I'm sure I could've owned at least 2 Ferraris by now or a really nice house but hey I wouldn't trade it for the world
Tank info
Main tank is a 180g sps dominant tank
Lighting is 3-250w Phoenix De 14k bulbs 2-6' super actinics and 2-6' 454's vho's
Atb 1050a deluxe skimmer and a DIY calcium reactor to keep all params stable
Smaller tank is a 40g breeder Lps dominant acanthastrea lords garden lit by a 36" 6 bulb tek t5 light anyways enjoy and please ask question if you've got them once again if ya got one flaunt it :p

Beautiful, beautiful setup. Do you have any coral stocks, or did you order? Figure it's worth the question, you seem like you have the experience to have your own corals. Had to give up the saltwater setup for now, I'll see if I can dig up some old pictures (counting down the days until I get my new place and can start a SW again.)

My current "project" is my internship at shedd aquarium. I work in special exhibits, where we keep breeding stocks of several Hippocampus (seahorse) species. The current special exhibit is Jellyfish, so I get to play with those too.

We should have another fry of H. reidi by this Saturday (I can only go once a week living 2 hrs away from Chicago....) If I remember I'll try to get some pictures of the youngn's.

~4 month old dwarf cuttlefish that I'll try to get a picture of too if my manager isn't too busy to take me to the other side of the aquarium Sat!

Beautiful, beautiful setup. Do you have any coral stocks, or did you order? Figure it's worth the question, you seem like you have the experience to have your own corals. Had to give up the saltwater setup for now, I'll see if I can dig up some old pictures (counting down the days until I get my new place and can start a SW again.)

My current "project" is my internship at shedd aquarium. I work in special exhibits, where we keep breeding stocks of several Hippocampus (seahorse) species. The current special exhibit is Jellyfish, so I get to play with those too.

We should have another fry of H. reidi by this Saturday (I can only go once a week living 2 hrs away from Chicago....) If I remember I'll try to get some pictures of the youngn's.

~4 month old dwarf cuttlefish that I'll try to get a picture of too if my manager isn't too busy to take me to the other side of the aquarium Sat!

Hey thanks not sure what you mean by coral stocks? Most I've been collecting from online vendors friends and private collectors for years

Now please please let me know if there's any chance I could maybe make a donation to the aquarium you volunteer at of some of my stuff in trade for some seahorses thanks!

How did you set that up so fast? Also, how did you get such awesome fish so quickly. My tank took a year to cycle before any fish or coral could be added. Great work!

Oh my tank is in its 10th year haha everything is very mature other than few corals here and there that I've traded out or got new ones here and there ;)
Why did you think it was set up so quick?

Well that makes sense! I wish I had such nice fish as you. All I have are 2 ocellaris clowns and a black and white ocellaris clown. Tangs never survive for me, but I really want some. They just seem to be ick magnets.:(

lil tip, especially if you are using a i-phone. Hold the phone sideways when shooting videos so you get the FULL screen shot.

And that tank is Amazing... Looks really packed and encrusted sps wise. Tang police waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well that makes sense! I wish I had such nice fish as you. All I have are 2 ocellaris clowns and a black and white ocellaris clown. Tangs never survive for me, but I really want some. They just seem to be ick magnets.:(

Haha thanks what size is your tank?

lil tip, especially if you are using a i-phone. Hold the phone sideways when shooting videos so you get the FULL screen shot.

And that tank is Amazing... Looks really packed and encrusted sps wise. Tang police waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Then I have to stand further back ;)
And I chopped up and Fed the tang police to the nem if the dont like it now I have an Achilles tang, 7" blonde naso tang male, scopus tang, yellow eye tang, tomini tang all In QT getting ready for a splash haha my tangs all love each other that include my already existing, yellow tail blue, powder blue, 2 yellows, valimingi, powder brown, and 6-7" sailfin ( who is god of the tank) ;)

Haha thanks what size is your tank?

I have a red sea max 130d and I think it is 44gallons and a red sea max 250 that is 66 gallons.

This is the 250, but not my tank. It is still cycling.

red-sea-max-250-white.jpg

This is the 130d:

130d-silver.gif

In all reality both those tanks are to small for tangs you could maybe do a juvenile yellow eye kole tang but that's about it really
That's because they get super stressed with out a lot of swimming rooms tangs have been known to travel over a 100 miles of reef a day they are some of the most active swimmer of the reef species

How did you set that up so fast? Also, how did you get such awesome fish so quickly. My tank took a year to cycle before any fish or coral could be added. Great work!

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why??? My main coral display tank took 6 weeks, the two fish systems about 7-8 weeks when it was all said and done.

In all reality both those tanks are to small for tangs you could maybe do a juvenile yellow eye kole tang but that's about it really
That's because they get super stressed with out a lot of swimming rooms tangs have been known to travel over a 100 miles of reef a day they are some of the most active swimmer of the reef species

Maybe I'll sell off the 130D and go buy a 100 gallon set up. Maybe, lol The arctic white Red Sea Max is a limited addition and looks amazing with the LED night lights.

lol, Im sure I got way more $ worth of stuff in my tanks... $ matters not... Just odd that it took so long for things to be good enough to add items.

Back
Top Bottom