My reptilian child would like to say hello!

parisaurusrex

Hello!
I could (i have) sit and look through this forum for hours! It's wonderful!
This is my Zhazu -

He's a youngster with a problem! The night I brought him home I noticed him scratching his eye on the branch, and that his eye was very, very swollen!

Soooo to the vet we went! notice his shut eye :(

Turns out my little guy has an abscess. Our best guess is that the eco-earth substrate those lunatics had in his enclosure at the store got in his eye and he scratched it! This chameleon momma got in the car and went to the store and had a very friendly discussion with the "animal rep" and they are paying for the visit and his follow up visit (this monday!). And when I told them that the substrate is incorrect all the poor guy could tell me was "yeah.. I'm painfully aware that what we are told to do is wrong sometimes, and it's an ongoing fight with corporate." Money is the root of all evil! :mad:

Anyways, Zhazu has been opening his eye more and more, has a beastly appetite, and doesn't despise me for handling him!

also, please note, that the only reason he is in a stupid glass terrarium is because it's what I have for now, but the reptile expo will be in the Seattle area soon and you can bet that he will have a wonderful open air home that night! and that first night I didn't have a liner over the glass but that problem was fixed the very next day! didn't want to stress him out anymore with his cute reflection!

Great shots, thanks for sharing, he looks awesome (minus the eye issues of course) hope he is back to normal soon :)

forgot to add in that he has eye drops for this infection he's got, and needless to say.. he doesn't appreciate them!

Thanks for the comments, I'm totally that new mom that shows pictures of her kid everywhere she goes. I cant help it! look at that face!

Back
Top Bottom