My poor guy....

rastamarley

Soo I am not too happy right now as my chameleon has something under his chin, started as a little bump and now it looks like it might be starting to ooze a little pus. I have some chameleon books and i believe that I have identified what it is (I can't tell you what it is because I am at the coffee shop and forget I just moved and don't have internet as of yet). Soo I have begun administrating amadine I think its called and hopefully will start seeing some improvement.

He is a jackson and I have had him for a little over a year, he is perfectly healthy except for the little bump under his chin, he drinks and his poop looks like it should. I am unhappy at myself for this happening and it seems like chameleons get this when they get a little scratch and there cage is dirty..... I swear his cage is not dirty I keep it pretty clean but I well have to be more vigilant from now on.

Anyway I know this isn't much help as I can't tell you the name and I feel I have this under control but if anyone has any input would love to hear it.

I would get him to the vets and find out what exactly what it is and get the proper meds to treat it before it's too late.

I'm with Jann on this one. These things can get out of hand very quickly with chameleons. They tend to hide their illnesses very well, and even though he's eating and drinking fine right now, things can go bad within a matter of a day or two (been there).

I trust that your cage is kept clean, and he is well looked after, but these things do happen. Instead of blaming yourself for something that probably isn't your fault, find a good exotic vet in your area and make an appointment asap!

Let us know what happens!

I agree with the others - vets would be the best bet for you and your l'il fella! I know from experience how fast these gorgeous creatures can go downhill. My first female only lasted 5 days from first showing any symptoms. It really is heartbreakingly fast, so please, book a vet visit!

Back
Top Bottom