My poor Billie please help

Sydnieeec

Hi everyone. I have some questions concerning my 4 and a half year old Veiled Cham. His name is Billie , and has been quite normal Behavior wise , but two days ago when I turned his light on he was way lower on branches than normal. I watered like normal and tried to feed however he would not take any food. I showered and went to the store probably a two hour process and when I came back he was face down on the ground. On his side , and his back legs and tail on bottom branch still. His front legs and head and top half of body was laying on side on the bottom of cage. Black in color , and eyes closed. I was horrified. Touch him and his eyes opened like as if he could barely open them. I tried picking him up gently he hissed so I left him alone. I watered and he tried moving but it looked like as if he wasn’t strong enough . I thought he was dying he is older so I wasn’t sure. I had left and came back a hour later and Billie was up on a middle branch green as ever. He has not taken food today however but , he is on a branch, he is laying his head on branch but hanging there. Kind of being weird and sometimes he’s upside down and sometimes he normal just laying completely on branch head and alll.. please help . I don’t know what’s wrong with him ..

Please fill this out and post pictures.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Oh lord have mercy...U got me scare for 30 second while I read ur story...could u also post some pictures too..

Back
Top Bottom