My Poor Baby

I am sorry @serenaj25 .... I should have asked correct questions before assuming things and definitely shouldn't have... brought it up in a thread like this.
Thats ok I know we are all trying to help one another out on this site. I am sorry if I responded a bit harsh I get defensive at times. I know I've made mistakes but have definitely learned a lot;)

Does she have on sleeping colors? When she has her eyes closed during the day? I just want to make sure the lack of light hasn't caused her to think it's night time.... what are you dusting with? ... you have been doing carnivore care right?

Are a Jackson's sleeping colors bright vibrant green? If so that's pretty much always her coloration unless we're feeding, at which point she's typically very dark. I've been using Repashy ever since you mentioned it in relation to her eye. Granted it's not 'dusting' considering she's been on liquids again, but I've been including it in her feedings. What is carnivore care? That's a phrase I'm not familiar with.

I am not sure if you are doing a premade liquid diet? Or blended bugs? Carnivore care is a premade. Usually there are a couple shades difference between sleeping colors and awake colors. My Jackson girl always had like sage green when she was awake. Often went mottled or dark if she got upset etc. I call her sleeping colors like new leaf green?

I've been doing the same liquid diet that we previously discussed, essentially a mixture of blended bugs, homemade gut load, and vitamins. Is Carnivore Care something you would recommend? The current system is a lot of work, so if there's an easier but still effective method I would be very interested in exploring it.

I'm going, to be honest, color theory is far from a strong suit of mine haha. I'll see if I can get some updated photos of her during the day tomorrow without bothering her too much.

Alright.

And ok you do what I usually do. I usually keep a couple packages of carnivore care in the freezer for those days I don't get the blender cleaned in time or have to run out the door... lemme get you a link. Carnivore care shouldn't be mixed with vitamins or calcium etc. And shouldn't be used long term, but I use it a couple times a week when needed and that is fine.

Sorry about seemingly forgetting all the history/info... today has been a weird day for me as far as correct thoughts and brain working etc. I just feel a bit off XD.

www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=carnivore+care&tag=hydsma-20&index=aps&hvadid=174731271093&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14920454627610741261&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031721&hvtargid=kwd-31078579838&ref=pd_sl_44kig6hvf4_e&gclid=CjwKEAjw3pTJBRChgZ3e7s_YhAkSJAASG9VrPjJa6RnazBVffCTX56ymhmJ7Sfg62eBdlXu1o1PfwxoCf5Tw_wcB

I have only ever been able to get carnivore care online or at my vets office.

Alright.

And ok you do what I usually do. I usually keep a couple packages of carnivore care in the freezer for those days I don't get the blender cleaned in time or have to run out the door... lemme get you a link. Carnivore care shouldn't be mixed with vitamins or calcium etc. And shouldn't be used long term, but I use it a couple times a week when needed and that is fine.

Sorry about seemingly forgetting all the history/info... today has been a weird day for me as far as correct thoughts and brain working etc. I just feel a bit off XD.

www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=carnivore+care&tag=hydsma-20&index=aps&hvadid=174731271093&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14920454627610741261&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031721&hvtargid=kwd-31078579838&ref=pd_sl_44kig6hvf4_e&gclid=CjwKEAjw3pTJBRChgZ3e7s_YhAkSJAASG9VrPjJa6RnazBVffCTX56ymhmJ7Sfg62eBdlXu1o1PfwxoCf5Tw_wcB

I have only ever been able to get carnivore care online or at my vets office.

Fantastic, thank you! I'm gonna keep her as is until Friday, and then I'll attempt to start feeding again. I'll order some of that as well and follow your plan of action. Also no worries! We all have off days :]

Alright, @Andee , here's an updated picture of her. This was her literally all day. She was in this spot when I woke up this morning, and she's in this spot now. Coloration hasn't really changed at all from what I've noticed.

Attachments

• 18742422_107510309838707_1776834163_o.jpg
    18742422_107510309838707_1776834163_o.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 151
She's in a sleeping position for sure and looks like she's got the correct colors... I am worried about the removal of the uvb (though it may be good for eyes) made her think it was night time? Do you have any lights on in the room she is in? Other than the basking light? I would definitely recommend keeping the room relatively bright as far lighting. If you have dimmer switches turn them so that they brighten the room but aren't fully on. If you don't just turn on a couple lights etc. Or if you have a window in the room open the curtains etc. Just enough lighting for her to realize hey it's day time! When we start talking about turning the UVB back on. You may want to start her with a 5.0 that has some extra filtration and see how it affects her? I put extra screening under my uvb when I noticed eye issues with Ryker and though it helped for a bit he was honestly too far gone to where I could rely on it. I think it could help her though. Do you think she is drinking at all?

You don't have any sort of heat source at night right? I am not even talking lights, ceramic heater anything? Are your temps getting around 60-65 at least at night?

She's in a sleeping position for sure and looks like she's got the correct colors... I am worried about the removal of the uvb (though it may be good for eyes) made her think it was night time? Do you have any lights on in the room she is in? Other than the basking light? I would definitely recommend keeping the room relatively bright as far lighting. If you have dimmer switches turn them so that they brighten the room but aren't fully on. If you don't just turn on a couple lights etc. Or if you have a window in the room open the curtains etc. Just enough lighting for her to realize hey it's day time! When we start talking about turning the UVB back on. You may want to start her with a 5.0 that has some extra filtration and see how it affects her? I put extra screening under my uvb when I noticed eye issues with Ryker and though it helped for a bit he was honestly too far gone to where I could rely on it. I think it could help her though. Do you think she is drinking at all?
You don't have any sort of heat source at night right? I am not even talking lights, ceramic heater anything? Are your temps getting around 60-65 at least at night?

Just to be perfectly clear, she has been doing this long before I removed the UVB. For the last week or two, she's constantly been in this state. So, I don't think it's related to the UVB. The room gets lots of sunlight and is very bright until around 8pm at night when it starts to get darker. I leave the lights on in in the room until 9 when it's lights out for everyone.

You might want to try dropping her cage specifically around 60? My Jackson always slept better when she had cooler air to get her started. Often when we couldn't get her cool enough I relied on ice packs. Usually ones that were for lunch boxes etc. And didn't sweat as much. I would put it on top of her cage, but not directly above where she slept. I am just wondering if she isn't sleeping well... at the moment I am grasping a bit especially since it looks like she is sleeping more than just closing her eyes and that worries me more. I would of course continue with the day of no unnecessary bothering, and then when that passed get the 5.0 light and just put her uvb up. I still think you should downgrade to a 5.0. Have you seen the vet recently? Idk when you last saw them?

Well, this is the first time in a few weeks that I've seen here showing some kind of activity. The fact that she actually climbed up here gives me a little hope at least. We're going to start liquid feeding and UVB again tomorrow, and hopefully things will continue to improve.

Attachments

• 18765494_108913839698354_2086791560_o.jpg
    18765494_108913839698354_2086791560_o.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 175
Alright, big update time. I attended a reptile convention today and turned Charlize over to a reptile rehab and rescue. I've been talking to them for the last week, and I honestly feel like this was the correct decision. Charlize has shown minimal improvement since posting this thread, and I honestly don't think there is anything more I could have done for her. The rescue she's with has a full-time herp vet on premises, and I think she will be able to get the time and care she needs there. I'm sad to see her go, but I am also relieved to know that she will have the best possible opportunity for the rest of her life.

I agree with your decision sweetie. Rehabilitation is hard work and not everyone can do it no matter how much work and love they have for the animals. It depends on their schedule and general life. Thankfully I am home all day so rehab works for what I can do. I love that you recognized she needed to go somewhere else for her own health, that takes a lot of... humility among some other amazing qualities. I can't tell you how proud I am of you.

Alright, big update time. I attended a reptile convention today and turned Charlize over to a reptile rehab and rescue. I've been talking to them for the last week, and I honestly feel like this was the correct decision. Charlize has shown minimal improvement since posting this thread, and I honestly don't think there is anything more I could have done for her. The rescue she's with has a full-time herp vet on premises, and I think she will be able to get the time and care she needs there. I'm sad to see her go, but I am also relieved to know that she will have the best possible opportunity for the rest of her life.
I also think this was possibly the best choice. It can take a very keen eye to spot subtle changes in a sick cham's behavior or condition from day to day and to have constant vet attention and the availability of meds makes a big difference. Not saying at all that you were not doing your best:). You sound like someone who really meant the best for her. Giving her to rehab also means that someone who has seen other chams who are just lingering in misery can have a sense when it might be time to let her go and feel more confident that this is the right thing to do. There could be continuing internal problems due to the sinus infection that just can't be eradicated...they can be very difficult to cure if they are advanced, and she must be miserable. She could be disoriented, in pain, and have some neurological issues that keep her from moving around or reacting to the world. I wish the best for both of you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom