My panther eggs

KyleFitzz

I bought the zoo med incubator and will be putting my eggs in the incubator can anyone tell me the humidity the thermostat should be at and the temps?

this was taken directly from the panthers caresheet in the chameleon care resources :)

Egg Incubation
The fertile eggs should be removed from where they were laid in the exact position they were laid in (do not turn) and half buried in the incubation substrate in a Tupperware container with no holes or only a few very small holes in the lid. Eggs are incubated in coarse vermiculite or hatchrite moistened to the point that only there are only a few drops of water when a handful of the substrate is squeezed. Seal the lid completely to retain moisture or the eggs will dry out and not survive. Depending on the temperatures of your home Panther eggs can be placed in a dark cabinet for incubation rather than using an actual incubator. Panther chameleon eggs take on average 7-12 months to hatch when kept at temperatures of 68-76F (20-24C).

Panther chameleons are not temperature sexed, and even temperatures in the mid-80s will not cause a high male-female ratio.

I'm sorry I can't give you an exact humidity number to go on, I don't think I measured it once during either of my clutches, I just mixed the media with water correctly and let there be condensation on the walls of the container. So it must have been high. Someone else will swing by to give you a figure, I'm sure.

Thanks Olimpia you're the best, always looking out for me! And if I put them in the incubator at 72-74 the mix should keep quite humid right?

You're welcome! It should if you don't have any (or more than just one) tiny air holes. One trick is to weigh the box after everything is in there, write it down, and weigh it again every month or so. If the weight has dropped you just add enough water to bring the weight back up. Usually mine would drop a couple grams and I would add just a few more drops of water and it came back up. I felt this kept everything going well.

Back
Top Bottom