My panther chameleon stops here nearly all day

Since she is already a bit stressed now is the time to do it, instead of stressing her out again in the near future...
I don't really want to cut a hole in the top, what sort of things will stop her, I was thinking one of them cages which people use for their heating bulbs but I don't think they do one for an 18" uvb bulb

Since she is already a bit stressed now is the time to do it, instead of stressing her out again in the near future...
Maybe something like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190105-101113_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190105-101113_Chrome.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 104
That or buy some mesh to make one? As someone has already said, you could put a full piece of mesh below your bulbs.

Just a thought, but did you silicone the joints when you put the viv together? If not, the moisture will make a mess of it pretty quickly.

You are on the right track so all these little improvements are working toward keeping you girl happy and healthy.

That or buy some mesh to make one? As someone has already said, you could put a full piece of mesh below your bulbs.

Just a thought, but did you silicone the joints when you put the viv together? If not, the moisture will make a mess of it pretty quickly.

You are on the right track so all these little improvements are working toward keeping you girl happy and healthy.
Ok I'll look into the mesh and yes before I put Everything in I siliconed all the bottom and sides so the water can't escape and it won't leak.

You need ventilation. As it is now it’s basically a sealed box with a couple small holes.

Also what did you do to seal the wood to keep it from rotting?

That would be perfect. You want the biggest mesh you can get away with that will still keep her off of it. The finer the mesh the more UVB it will block.

Sealing the wood- I’m building a custom viv for my new nosy be as we speak, sealing it all with FlexSeal.

That would be perfect. You want the biggest mesh you can get away with that will still keep her off of it. The finer the mesh the more UVB it will block.

Sealing the wood- I’m building a custom viv for my new nosy be as we speak, sealing it all with FlexSeal.
Ok thanks mate and when it's finished I would love to see some photos of it mate

I didn't put anything on the wood as it seems to be ok

It may be ok for the moment but over time with misting it will soak into the wood and rot.

What's the best to use, maybe varnish the wood?

You can use polyurethane , a 2 part epoxy or pondarmour. All of which will need to sit for about a week or so to off gas. There is probably other stuff you could use. Or you could glue pvc sheeting inside and seal it with silicone.

Ok thanks mate and when it's finished I would love to see some photos of it mate
Should be done tomorrow but wanted to show you what I’m waterproofing with. Every interior surface has 3 coats of FlexSeal on it so I’ve got about an 1/8” of an inch on there. It’s expensive but works well. It has a rubbery finish that your Cham can grab onto, epoxy can’t do that, it has a very smooth finish. The can you see is $30. Clear bottles you see are 2 part epoxy like @Lennoncham mentioned. The epoxy is mostly going to be used for the background. Both options are 100% waterproof once cured.

When you look at your viv, think forest canopy, dripping water, fresh air, (vines) and foliage (plants) everywhere, (fresh air) & (dripping water) get a proper (linear 5.0 uv light) and put your lights out of reach or your cham will die

Back
Top Bottom